Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Mantel, small Santa tree and white tree

nana2010_gw
10 years ago

For the past several years I have been putting Santas on the mantel. The ceramic trees were made by my MIL in1965.

From 2013-12-22 (by Eye-Fi)

it is getting to be too much to put up two big trees so some of my Santa ornaments are on this small tree.

.In the fall I was at Hobby Lobby and I was fascinated by the peacock colors they were featuring for Christmas. I was doing my white tree in gold and crystal and then last year I switched to all white ornaments on the white tree.
This year's tree is a real departure for me.
I didn't use any beaded garland or crystal pieces.
That was hard!

I'm not sure if the tree is tipped that much or if it is me.

I am never happy with the way my trees look in pictures, but anyway
TFLookin
Nana

Comments (6)

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Nana...love your 'Santa Mantel' and the Ceramic trees
    from your MIL...those must bring back great memories.
    I remember when everyone had to make and have one!
    (including me) lol
    Your little Santa decorated tree is adorable. I agree it becomes just too much setting up all the big trees..mainly because of the work taking them down!
    The colors you chose for the white tree are stunning.
    I love the different colored peacocks and the green ribbon...different but very lovely.
    TFS...I enjoyed looking.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours...and espec that new little Grandbaby Girl!
    jane

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Your little Santa tree is so cute. I have been a fan of small Christmas trees for quite a few years now. :o) Partly because of my physical limitations, but also I love having theme trees and it was fun to have 6 or 7 of them on tables. I could never do big ones (darn it).

Your white tree really sets off the peacock colors! And its always fun to do something totally different I think.
    (I can't remember your white ornaments on this tree last year, tho am sure you shared it with us.) Those bird ornaments are so pretty! I have a couple but not in such lovely colors, just silver and gold and a purple one.

Seeing your little ceramic trees that were so popular in the 60's made me think of my antique shopping the other day. There were so many of them in various booths, in all sorts of sizes and colors. :o) I was tempted to buy one just for the nostalgia.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Nana, love all your decor and trees. I'm one of the few who doesn't have one of the ceramic trees.sigh Neat figurines and pinecones with your trees on the mantel.

So glad you tried a new peacock tree this year for Christmas. It's beautiful and must be a nice change to enjoy. Once you go outside the box it's hard to go back.LOL

Your santa tree is darling. Lovin' that big santa, what a cute face.
    What could be more perfect than your santa hat to top it off! I love
    seeing candy canes on the tree too.

Merry Christmas, Nana.

Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Always love to see 'Santa's' ... this is a great way to display them...& I love little trees, too....good idea!

Wow...you are brave experimenting w/these colors & ribbons & no beaded garland or crystal... looks like you had fun ...I do love the ornament colors here & that plummage @the top of the tree! You can go in alot of directions w/a white tree! You did it! TFS, nana! (& it's hard to photograph decorated trees...I always think they look so much better & straighter in real life!) ;-) Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone. I do like my tree this year because it is so different from from what I've done in the past.
    Karen, I didn't post pictures of my tree last year.
    It seems I didn't even take a single photo, oh well it's too late now.haha.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Nana

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

The peacock ornies and tree are such pretty colors.

Also looks like you have a cute assortment of Santa ornies.

I made one of the ceramic trees in the early 70's, but instead of a plain one with green glaze, mine has ornaments molded onto the tree and toys around the base of the tree.

You could probably keep the white tree decorated like that through Mardi Gras!

TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts
More Discussions