Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Snowmen (& women) Porch Galore

jeannespines
9 years ago

All done decorating for Christmas ... some went back into the totes ... but these snowmen (& women) will stay out for the Winter! Don't you just love cuddly snowmen! The are on a wall shelf hubby built for me a long time ago ... I like to change it out for Summer & Winter on the porch. I'll add some more pics in the comments.

~~Jeanne

Comments (15)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Our 'Holiday-er' friend here, Purplemoon, may recognize this handsome ski snowman on the game Hoosier cabinet! The vine tree I found @ a consignment shop this past yr ... so I decorated it with timer rice lights & also a rusted garland of bells ... & they sit on a burlap runner from a flea market exchange this summer. ~~Jeanne

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Our porch is 3-season but can be warmed up with a little electric stove ... our good friend, Punk, on this forum, may recognize a 'snowflake,' here! It is so much fun decorating with memories ... don't you think so!

The wood snowman I bought on clearance one time ... thinking it could be used at a pattern. Well, it's hung on this wall shelf peg every year for quite a few now! LOL. ~~Jeanne

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

.... and this cuddly guy sits under my porch tree next to the ice skating pond ... isn't he a cutie! I found that little brass colored seat a few yrs back flea marketing while on vacation in MN. ~~Jeanne

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

{{gwi:2133059}}

Finally got Photobucket to download a few ... so can put some tog here ~~ yay!

Here's my table centerpc ... an old window ...I used that last yr, too & love it ... but see the 'snowmen' carolers in the backgrd! They're pretty old now ... a friend & her hubby made wood crafts (back in the day) & she tole painted ...

{{gwi:2133060}}

& my sugar cones ... with this 'twisty' snowman (woman) ... just cut as can be ... she's flexible!
    {{gwi:2133061}}

That big pottery platter is the 'Gabriel' pottery I got @ a garage sale a few yrs back ... love it!

Ok, TFLookin' ~~Jeanne

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

..and finally ... this tall snowman stands guard by the old door cabinet .... Merry Christmas! ~~ Jeanne

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Jeanne, always adore your decor! Just beautiful and warms
    the soul. I look forward to seeing it every year. Thanks again
    for being a big part of our Holiday family!

Punk

• woodrose
    9 years ago

Love your snowmen (and snow ladies) and all your porch decor!
    It warmed my heart, too.
    Thank you for posting your wonderful pics for all of us to enjoy !

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, punk & WoodRose .... no snow here (guess we had it all in Nov!) LOL ...so must create our own (on the porch). I added a new star this yr ... a Moroccan star (candleholder type) & it's hanging above my Woodland scene that is not posted yet. I'll have to take some pics tomorrow. I added a strand of those little tiny LED lights that run on AA batteries ... & on a timer ... so it lites up pretty good. ~~Jeanne

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

Love seeing you porch decorated for the winter, Jeanne.
    It looks so warm and cozy even if it isn't heated.
    Blessings to you and your family
    Merry Christmas
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

New Moroccan star on my porch above the woodland Santa/cabin on the corner dresser. I splurged on myself in Sept! Love it! ~~Jeanne

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

Jeanne,
    It is all just wonderful!! Love all the snow people and I have always loved your tub with the skating snow people, That is the Cutest!!

Looks like you are ready for Christmas and through the winter..

As always, your decorating is so pretty and well put together!!

Love It All!

Creek

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

Jeanne,
    It is all just wonderful!! Love all the snow people and I have always loved your tub with the skating snow people, That is the Cutest!!

Looks like you are ready for Christmas and through the winter..

As always, your decorating is so pretty and well put together!!

Love It All!

Creek

• christine1950
    9 years ago

Very beautiful..

• Hogette-gw
    9 years ago

What an inspiring posting. All of your vignettes are stunning, I am relaxing after cleaning the entire house and made coffee to relax for a bit. Then I opened this thread to be delighted and amazed about this. Seldom has any posting made my head swirl with such delight.
    Beth

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, thank you, 'Holiday-ers' ... 'tis the season ....
    Your house is cleaned, hogette ... great! I'm not there yet. ;-)

Merry Christmas! ~~Jeanne

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm
More Discussions