Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rafor

I'm late to the party!

rafor
11 years ago

I'm late getting started decorating and so will do less than last year! Finally took some pics too.

Up the staircase:

New 10 ft long hutch in the hall:

Radiator decs:

Usuaully I'd remove what's normally on the hutch, but the reason I got it was to display and store stuff and if I removed everything to replace it with Xmas stuff I'd have to find a place to stash it!!! Waaaay too much work :)

New Xmas picks in a garage sale find vase that is VERY heavy:

More up the staircase with 12 days of Christmas ornies:

New use for a tilt top table:

Dining room dish display:

Changed out the middle plate for one of my 12 days of Christmas plates:

Kitchen mantle (I've since added a large red ornament cookie jar):

I've set this weekend as my deadline to quit adding to the decorations. We'll get our tree set up and then I have to declare myself done! So I should go down now and decorate the dining room chandelier!!!!

Comments (9)

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

I like all of your decorations, but I love the wall stickers. I think adding garland and ornaments to your hutch is the perfect way to make it festive. I agree that it's crazy to try to store all the items normally in the hutch in another place, just to decorate it with things that would then need to be stored for 11+ months.

• decorcrzy
    11 years ago

I luv the holiday plates, they look like they are lenox.
    That is a great spot for the wall stickers. Every once in a while I'll see similar adhesive items in a store and want them, but I cannot think of a spot to put them at my place.

I really admire your self-control, by setting a time frame for no more tweaking. I sure wish I could control myself, the only thing that stops me is December 25th. Guess I just can't keep me hands to myself.

Looks great, have fun with the tree and the chandelier.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Wow...that 'up the staircase' decor is really cool...love the black framed works & that mirror w/cool ornaments!

rafor ...that 10' long hutch is gorgeous...& it looks so beautiful...love all your pretty dishes & how you added the Christmas season to it!...& how you added the long length of ornaments on it! Very cool!

Top of radiators just sparkle ...love those spires! Everything is beautiful ... the dining room plate display is so lovely! And that red vase you found...wow! Looks very Christmas-y! Lookin' good! TFS! Jeanne s.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Well all I can say is, better late than never! So glad
    your sharing all of your decor. We are ready to head
    to the city to shop but will be back to look again and
    comment more on your Beautiful decor and that Giant
    Cabinet. Oh BTW, I think your Christmas plates have
    always been my favorite if not close since I seen them.
    You can tell there are still on my want list.LOL

Punk

• lynnencfan
    11 years ago

love that display cabinet - that is awesome. I love the wall stickies - they add such whimsy to your walls - good job and remember it is NEVER too late to party .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

LOVE, LOVE, L O V E that 10 ft hutch. What an amazing piece! And great for decorating obviously! Its just beautiful.

You have a nice collection of Christmas plates, and I like how you've displayed them.

The red ornament ball arrangement you found looks like the purple one I recently got!
    hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

So many beautiful things! Love all of your Twelve Days of Christmas decor...the ornaments, the plates, etc. Very pretty!

• yachter123
    11 years ago

That' s some cabinet, I love it.

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Beautiful.
    Love that hutch and the top is really resonating with me (to quote a Jennifer Aniston movie line, LOL)

I don't have the self control to stop at a certain time. I even decorate after Christmas with items I bought on clearance so they will get put away with the decor for that area!!!
    The wall stickers are really cute and you picked the perfect spot for them.

All of it is lovely.
    TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County
More Discussions