Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yachter123

New XMAS Additons

yachter123
13 years ago

The lovely friend of my sons who made me a Christmas cross-stitch last year, surprised me with another one this year.

Also, my little counter vignette got a new cinnamon bun candle (Michaels on clearance $1) and a cute candycane tree (local drugstore $1) almost forgot the cupcake candle, (Gordman's for $3.99)

Then that naughty Karen surprised me AGAIN with another gift!!!! I had mentioned here how much I liked Jeannespines Woodland Santa's and Karen surprised me with one of my own!!!

She also sent along a "friendship jar" that just is adorable, all the little things one needs when having stress!!!

I don't how to thank her, she is just too sweet & giving to everyone!!!!

My sunroom happens to be decorated in Northwoods, so I made a small vignette with my new Woodsy Santa.

{{gwi:1461266}}
Sorry about some of the blurry pictures, busy trying to get house in shape for Christmas & just had a few seconds to work on a few pictures.

Comments (8)

• yachter123
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OOPS, I spelled ADDITIONS wrong in my title, I told you I was rushing & had too much to do!!!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Your little santa fits in perfectly there, Yachter. It would seem that Miss Karen has been quite the busy "santa" herself this year! ;o) Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I wish I could send everyone here a Friendship Jar!
    Maybe someday I'll get that accomplished. Some of you might have a special friend that could use one, so here's the 13 things they contain and the note to go with them.

Friendship Jar

A Candle meant to light your way
    A Flower brightens every day
    A Tiny Sponge to dry your tears
    and soak up all those needless fears
    A Band-Aid meant to help you mend
    your feelings when they ache
    Erasers come in handy when
    you've made a big mistake
    A Paper Clip reminds me of
    how close I feel to you
    A Candy gives you something sweet
    when you are feeling blue
    A Rubber band - a great big Squeeze
    A Chocolate Kiss is sure to please
    A Button - cause my lips are sealed,
    your secrets all inside
    A Golden Thread that's in a knot
    to say our hearts are tied
    A Magic Star to wish upon
    to make your dreams come true
    A Little Heart - cause that's the place
    where I shall cherish you!!!

The jar used is fairly small by the way! The heart and
    star I put in mine are tiny wood ones from craft store,
    The flower is a tiny silk one, and the candle can be little one like you put on a cake or a mini tea light.
    I saw this idea some years ago and thought it was a 'keeper'.

Yacht, I'm glad you got the jar and little Santa safely.
    hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I miss crosstitching, that is so sweet of your friend to do that for you. I love your Santa chef with the new candle, too cute, but the rolling pin Santa is my favorite.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

That "sexy" Santa chef of yours is really, really looking "SWEET" with all the new treats you added! LOL! I think it's the "white tee" he is wearing...needs the sleeves rolled a bit like my DH's teenage days! LOL! Well...your Santa does have such a cute face!

Looks like you found a happy home for your Santa Purplemoon's gifts, too...love it! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Yachter, your new additions look wonderful together. Beautiful coss stitch picture your friend made you. Your cupcake candle is the perfect under your dome. I just bought one of those domes for DGD birthday that has Happy Birthday and some presents painted on it today at Ross. Great buys on your new candles.

So sweet of Karen to fill your wish with an adorable Woodland Santa. It looks great in your Northwood collection. The friendship jar sounds like a fun thing to make. Thanks for the poem and help to make these, Karen.

Punk

• yachter123
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks all for looking, I love the fake pastries in candles, and was so surprised to find some this time of year.

I also love the things Karen has sent me this year, I treasure all of them...

Hope everyone has a great Christmas & not too stressful!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Yacht, I meant to tell you how delightful that counter vignette is with your Chef Santa, and all the other goodies. It would make ol' Scrooge smile!

By the way, I personally liked the way spelled additions.
    Your version is PERFECT for us here...Add it ons! LOL

Hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions