Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am such a CopyKath

Posted by maximavswife (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 5, 11 at 14:37

I have had a photo in my inspiration folder for 2 years now. A blogger I follow is hosting a holiday copycat challenge so I decided to use my inspiration table as my entry. I think my new favorite color is Fuchsia. In between a purple and a pink!

Here is my inspiration:

Photobucket

Here is my copycat:

Photobucket

What do you think?
Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: More pictures here

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am such a CopyKath

Lovely! I think you did great. I like those colors too. Nothing like a pink table setting for me (I don't think DH is especially fond of it though! LOL)
Beautiful setting!

o

Nice copyKathe work!! The inspirational one is beautiful but I think your t'scape is even MORE lovely!

That fabric you picked out is very pretty & looks great w/all the accessories you've put on the table! Love those bargain candlesticks! ...the beady garland & the trio colors of candles! (painting was a good idea!)

Your china & flatware patterns are wonderful! TFS, maxi! Jeanne S.

o

Lovely colors for this TS.
You did a fabulous job!
I have to say though that I like your TS better.
I like the deep color of your TC and I like how you mixed in the Silver candlesticks with the crystal ones.
Your dishes and stemware are beautiful..and the crystal bead garland sets them off perfectly.

jane

o

Yours is definitely prettier!!
I love those silver candlesticks.
I was only in Ikea once and never found any bargains like you have. Is there a bargain corner somewhere??

Anyway, I think you took the inspiration and improved on it.

So nice that your DH buys you such pretties! Mine just complains that I have too much already!

Beautiful job!!

TFS,
Candy

o

Love it. And I agree with the others, yours is the BEST!

I was checking out that blog of copy cat stuff last night,
really neat to see the ideas and different takes on things.

hugs, Karen

o

Your table is regal and elegant. I love that you used silver and crystal candlesticks.
They compliment your china and stemware beautifully.
You took a pretty table and elevated it to the next level.
Wonderful job!
Painting the candles was genius.
TFS
Nana

o

Thanks for all of the nice comments! This table was fun to finally do. Just sitting in my folder collecting dust!
Candy~there is a bargain corner at Ikea. It is left of the checkouts. You do have to be careful though. I once found plates there that were marked "As-Is" and were more expensive that the same ones on the sales floor!
Oh and DH does complain I have too much table stuff. I get the heavy sigh when I come home with bags from thrifting :) I just try to shoe horn them out of his way :) He knows it makes me happy and a happy wife is a happy life right ;)
Kath

o

I like it! And yours is better than the inspiration! Love the color with the silver, Great job!VERY elegant!

o

I agree with all the above comments, you did a fantastic job and isn't it nice to know you've actually "used" one of your saved ideas? ;o)

Luvs

o

very nice job - I think I like yours better also - gonna go and check the other copycat ideas - thanks for sharing the link .....

Lynne

o

Ditto! Beautiful and I love you color choice even better than your inspiration table...more regal looking!

o

Yours is much prettier! I do pink(and lime green!)for Christmas also. Don't you love it?? ;o)

o

Kathe, Wow, you did more than copy. Yours is beautiful. The added color on yours really pops! An elegant setting fit for any King or Queen.LOL

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here