Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

I am such a CopyKath

maximavswife
12 years ago

I have had a photo in my inspiration folder for 2 years now. A blogger I follow is hosting a holiday copycat challenge so I decided to use my inspiration table as my entry. I think my new favorite color is Fuchsia. In between a purple and a pink!

Here is my inspiration:

Here is my copycat:

What do you think?

Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: More pictures here

Comments (13)

• ladeeda
    12 years ago

Lovely! I think you did great. I like those colors too. Nothing like a pink table setting for me (I don't think DH is especially fond of it though! LOL)
    Beautiful setting!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Nice copyKathe work!! The inspirational one is beautiful but I think your t'scape is even MORE lovely!

That fabric you picked out is very pretty & looks great w/all the accessories you've put on the table! Love those bargain candlesticks! ...the beady garland & the trio colors of candles! (painting was a good idea!)

Your china & flatware patterns are wonderful! TFS, maxi! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Lovely colors for this TS.
    You did a fabulous job!
    I have to say though that I like your TS better.
    I like the deep color of your TC and I like how you mixed in the Silver candlesticks with the crystal ones.
    Your dishes and stemware are beautiful..and the crystal bead garland sets them off perfectly.

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Yours is definitely prettier!!
    I love those silver candlesticks.
    I was only in Ikea once and never found any bargains like you have. Is there a bargain corner somewhere??

Anyway, I think you took the inspiration and improved on it.

So nice that your DH buys you such pretties! Mine just complains that I have too much already!

Beautiful job!!

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Love it. And I agree with the others, yours is the BEST!

I was checking out that blog of copy cat stuff last night,
    really neat to see the ideas and different takes on things.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Your table is regal and elegant. I love that you used silver and crystal candlesticks.
    They compliment your china and stemware beautifully.
    You took a pretty table and elevated it to the next level.
    Wonderful job!
    Painting the candles was genius.
    TFS
    Nana

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all of the nice comments! This table was fun to finally do. Just sitting in my folder collecting dust!
    Candy~there is a bargain corner at Ikea. It is left of the checkouts. You do have to be careful though. I once found plates there that were marked "As-Is" and were more expensive that the same ones on the sales floor!
    Oh and DH does complain I have too much table stuff. I get the heavy sigh when I come home with bags from thrifting :) I just try to shoe horn them out of his way :) He knows it makes me happy and a happy wife is a happy life right ;)
    Kath

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

I like it! And yours is better than the inspiration! Love the color with the silver, Great job!VERY elegant!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

I agree with all the above comments, you did a fantastic job and isn't it nice to know you've actually "used" one of your saved ideas? ;o)

Luvs

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

very nice job - I think I like yours better also - gonna go and check the other copycat ideas - thanks for sharing the link .....

Lynne

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Ditto! Beautiful and I love you color choice even better than your inspiration table...more regal looking!

• patty_cakes
    12 years ago

Yours is much prettier! I do pink(and lime green!)for Christmas also. Don't you love it?? ;o)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kathe, Wow, you did more than copy. Yours is beautiful. The added color on yours really pops! An elegant setting fit for any King or Queen.LOL

Punk

Sponsored
Beatty Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Building Solid, Beautiful & Unique Living Spaces in Virginia Beach
More Discussions