Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

A Tale Of Two Trees

maximavswife
12 years ago

For the past few years we have put up two Christmas trees. My former house was T.i.n.y. The only tree that would fit was a 4 foot table top type. When we moved into this house 8 years ago we started with one tree in the former formal living room (now the dining room) in front of the window. I then found room for another in the entry. Now that we have a dining room things had to shift and I like it so much better now with a tree in the dining room and one in the family room.

Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: Read the whole story here

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

I love your story! That's really cool that Mr B puts up a tree, too! It looks great! ...old fashioned, front of a fireplace kind of tree!

& then I saw your white one...that is beautiful...love the purple & brown ornies on it...looks great in your new DR! Maxi wouldn't cooperate for a Christmas tree pic, uh? LOL!

Now, relax, sit back & enjoy! (I'm ready to wrap gifts now...& do some baking...it all comes tog, doesn't it) Finished up some more decor today ... a little at a time! ;-) TFS, maxi! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Great post and great - entirely - '2 Different Trees'!
    Love Mr B's with all the 'homey' ornaments. I think that is so sweet that he does that. I also loved the look of your white one. Your choice of colors is VERY striking and really I like both looks - I would love to have 2 homes to appease both tastes' ! lol
    I'm so happy for you with your new DR and that you're enjoying it so much...Everything looks lovely.

jane

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Both trees are equally pretty...love the homey one with all sorts of ornaments and the white, more contemporary one too! Great job on both...loved your story too!

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

I absolutely love your story - opposites do attract - love the analogy to Donnie and Marie. I will have to admit I really do like the homey atmosphere of Mr B's tree - our large family tree is that way - a little bit of everything which means a WHOLE lot of ornies. Since I do over 10 trees I have just about every style. I do like the simplicity of your white tree - very elegant ..TFS .....

Lynne

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

So pretty. I think it is fabulous that Mr. B helps decorate. Mine...not into it, but he enjoys what I do and loves to have people over to see everything once I'm done!!

I think both trees are perfect in their locations.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kathe, fun to see your trees and read about them. I enjoyed both of them. Love your buffet and other decor. Hope you are kickin' back and enjoying now.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

How did I miss this post?? I did see your two trees on your blog the other night tho. And the story about their being so different. So looks like you guys NAME your trees...Donnie and Marie. LOL.

Both trees are wonderful, and such an interesting contrast in them. (Purple and brown, I never would have thought of pairing them but they look really good together!)

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Loudoun County, Virginia
More Discussions