Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calicocat1967_gw

Bedroom 2010

calicocat1967
13 years ago

Here are a couple of pictures in my bedroom. The red & white theme is new for me in the bedroom. I think it looks very festive. Sorry about the bed not made, didn't notice until afterwards. Do you have suggestions for the ling dresser ? It just doesn't do it for me. I am open to suggestions.

Kim

Comments (9)

• leveta
    13 years ago

I think it looks great. i love the headboard...

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Your red/white tree with the santa hat on top is great. You used lots of nice greenery too, really like the ones on the dresser and the wreath above the bed. I think you've done a really nice job of making your bedroom look festive for the holidays. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Love your use of red and white! Your tree is great and all of your displays....love the headboard and the poinsettia garland!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Beautiful BR decorations. The dresser with the deer on the red cloth really stands out nice. Shadow boxes on the wall is a nice touch. Another beautiful glittered church.

Your tree with the santa hat has so many pretty ornaments on it. Looks like you've got a couple of neat lanterns down there too. Darling santa and decorated twigs and more of those branches that I love. Very pretty wreath w/snoflake in the center. That headboard is just so cute.

You've done a wonderful job with all your decorations here. What a fun room to end each day in.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I like it all. I think the Santa with the twig tree is my favorite part. Those shadow boxes are really neat!! And that BIG wreath with the picket fence...WOW.
    The Santa hat on your tree is a fun topper. You have your bedroom looking so festive and pretty.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Calicocat, Your bedroom does look very festive. I love the white tree with the red ornaments. The Hat on top is the perfect touch. I love it all.
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

The red and white looks great, I love the santa. And your tree is so cheery, I like white trees. As for the dresser, all three vingettes look great, but they seem to be competing with each other. I would move the deer to one end and leave the Santa on the other end with maybe just some low greenery in the middle. The poinsettias would look great under the tree with your cute lanterns. Since you asked.
    Frou

• calicocat1967
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for the compliments. And yes Frou thanks for the ideas. I will try it out when I get home. That long dresser just doesn't do it for me, it just doesn't flow. Here is the other dresser in the room. Should I move/change any of this around with the long dresser?

Kim

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I think it's all very "festive" & great for the holidays! I love the picket fence headboard & that beautiful wreath above it ties tog so nicely with the garland on fence.

That "star" lampshade by your bed looks good, too! Love the shadowboxes & how you've decorated them & the metal circle thingies above the dresser. I'm with frou...would move the pointsetta under the tree (or somewhere else) & I would bring those WONDERFUL two lanterns up on that dresser! Maybe try the silver deer under the tree, too & leave pointsetta on dresser. And see what the cloth looks like if you fold it enough so it doesn't hang over the front edge. LOL! Whatever, you've got a good thing going here!

A fun room, calico! Good work! enjoy! TFS! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!
More Discussions