Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Fluffy, Flaky, Chilly, Flurry, Blitzy, Nippy, Snowy* Porch Decor

jeannespines
11 years ago

More snowman decor on my porch from a couple days ago ...this wall shelf my DH made me several yrs ago...I like to change it out a couple times a yr...do you recognize any of those of named* in the subject line? LOL!

On one of the shelves..

Family ice fishing & decorating the tree:

The next shelf has these snowy people! DD gifted the family one on the right a few yrs ago...isn't it just the cutest!

Here's the top of the wall shelf ...the framed work is new this yr ... made of 'felt' & embroidered ...I bought it at a specialty shop last mo...love it!

...and here's a full view...hope you've enjoyed "Fluffy, Flaky, Chilly, Flurry, Blitzy, Nippy, Snowy ...oh, on & on! ;-)

(that folk art painted big snowflake hanging there is done by one of our gifted Holiday-ers! Love it!)

And this 'Old Door' cabinet shelf nearby holds a guy you've seen before ...

Merry Christmas & hope that this day you may find some peace in this world~~prayers for those who are suffering such great loss. Jeanne S.

(another shelf of 'Old Door' cabinet)

This post was edited by jeannespines on Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 15:29

Comments (9)

• lynnencfan
    11 years ago

so cute - I love everything about those shelves - you find the CUTEST things at TS and thrifting - I need to get out more on a regular basis - lol (as if I don't have enough already)

love the candle arrangement and yes many prayers being sent - still can't shake the sadness ......

Lynne

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

This is so adorable, Jeanne.
    I do recognize the reading Snowman.
    He is my favorite.

May God bring comfort to the families who are trying to understand
    the tragic and devastating loss they are experiencing.
    Nana

• party_music50
    11 years ago

All beautiful, Jeanne, though I do not recognize the names in the subject line. Now wondering, but figure they must be the names of snowmen in some story or movie? :p

Your DH makes you some great stuff!!! all I can do is sigh and say that the only thing my BF can make is a putt. lol! (Candy and other golfers will understand :O)

Happy Holidays!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No movie or story name, party ~~I was just looking for some snowman names & quotes & came across this gal's website ...cute quotes! & I'll give my DH a pat on the back from ya, party!

Thanks, Holiday-ers ... everything is 'green' here again ... did get some rain yesterday (much needed as still 'severe drought' in our part of IA) ...but snow may be coming this week! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Debby's Stampin' Heaven (snowman sayings)

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Sooo cute!

I love it all, and especially that candle arrangement!
    I'm also PM, yes, I understand your putt reference, LOL

I'm adding my T & P's to the rest. We have a 6 yr. old DGD and my heart just breaks for all those families. I can't imagine trying to cope with such a tragedy! I'm wishing them the strength and courage to begin the healing process.
    Words are so inadequate, but also wishing God's comforting
    blessings surround them at this time.

Wishing Christmas Blessings for everyone here,
    Candy

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Love all of the snowmen Jeanne! You've been a busy decorator this Christmas! Everything is so lovely and inviting~

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

I've been out of town for the last few days and haven't seen all the new posts.

Jeanne, yours is so warm for being so chilly.
    Love all the names.
    Do you usually name your display characters? I must admit, I do. I even name a few of my potted plants.

Merry Christmas

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

PM ...do you recognize that Santa on top? It came to me from AZ a few yrs back! Still such a handsome Woodland guy!

OA ...no, I don't name the snow people ... but I've been known to talk a bit to 'plants' (tho I don't name them) ...I do cuss at weeds tho, esp water grass! LOL!

Thanks, Holiday-ers ...my porch is mostly snowmen altho I did add a nativity this yr ...most my nativities are in the living room. Merry Christmas ..we're having a blizzard right now! Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Newest (old) nativity set I bought this yr @consignment shop ... real reasonable & 'made in Japan' on back...very antique-y looking:

On the porch:

Full view of that area:

Sponsored
More Discussions