Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buffet

Posted by calicocat1967 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 9, 10 at 13:55

Here is a couple of pictures of my buffet. I am still tweaking it. The silvery greenery is new this year, not sure if I like it or not. Sorry about the flash in the mirror.

Enjoy.
Kim
Full Buffet
Left Buffet

RIght BUffet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buffet

Love it! I'm a huge fan of silver, and I bet it's even "sparklier" in person. And when the candles are lit...

o

Your arrangements are really nice. I think I have a scarf very similar to yours too. I like all the sparkly items and really like your little peace frame. The buffet looks like it might be a family heirloom piece, is there a story that goes with it? Luvs

o

I like your winter whites and pale blues. Very pretty!

o

Cali, I really like your buffet with the icy branches. The HOME blocks hanging above with the pine and christmas balls are so pretty. Everything you've displayed on here is wonderful. Great job decorating your beautiful buffet.

Punk

o

Kim, the silvery greenery is just right for your display I think. All the soft colors look elegant and lovely together.
Your buffet looks like a great piece, I too would like to hear more about it!

hugs, Karen

o

Kim, Beautifully elegant.
NanaKaren

o

Ooooooh! Now that's my kind of decorating, I love, love, love it. It's sparkly and yet still looks vintage. I love the little glitter houses, I'm a big fan of the Cody Foster houses, but can't afford them, I'm working on my own versions.
Frou

o

Thanks everyone for all of the compliments. I grew up going to auctions. So they are my passion. Although lately I have had to say no to them.......too much stuff around right now. So here is the low down on the buffet. About 20 years ago my mom and I were at an auction. They had this buffet with matching table with 6 chairs. They started the bid out at $100 for all......so my mom and I looked at each other and thought what the yeck. So my mom ended up getting it for $250.00 for everything !! Just 2 years ago my parents retired and moved to a smaller home so I was blessed with the set. I have loved using them for another place to decorate. The sleigh in the middle is from my husband's gma, the two carolers are from the GW, the sparkly houses were a $1 at Walmart last year. The PEACE sign is from the Dollar Tree. Notice the wooden ornament hanging above....it was hand carved by a close friend. He has about 300 more in different styles hanging from his tree. So I really treasure it. The rest I have bought through the years. And it all finally came together this year. I really have enjoyed putting this together.

Thanks again,
Kim

o

calico...I think your buffet & your decor are absolutely GORGEOUS! The oval mirror is beautiful & the sleigh in front of it, a treasure! Love the crocheted runner that you used & the silvery pinery fits all your decor! Everything looks perfectly balanced ...& fun to have such pcs with memories! You did great! TFS this wonderful buffet! Jeanne S.

o

Thanks for the story on the buffet. Most of us enjoy the "history" nearly as much as the photos.

Could you try another shot like the first one, and maybe not get the flash? I want to put it in the Inspiration album, tho I can use this one if its too much trouble.
By the way, when things glare like mirrors or sparkly stuff, I've found a way that works most of the time to avoid the glare. Have the camera a bit off center of that object and take at a slight angle. Also if you have a zoom, stand farther back and use it.
My little digital camera is nothing fancy but a zoom button is a must for me. LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

Yes Karen, I can try another photo. Thanks for the suggestions. I still don't know how to take good pictures of this kind of stuff. I will post when I get one taken.

Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here