Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calicocat1967_gw

Buffet

calicocat1967
13 years ago

Here is a couple of pictures of my buffet. I am still tweaking it. The silvery greenery is new this year, not sure if I like it or not. Sorry about the flash in the mirror.

Enjoy.

Kim

Comments (11)

• nancyjeanmc
    13 years ago

Love it! I'm a huge fan of silver, and I bet it's even "sparklier" in person. And when the candles are lit...

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Your arrangements are really nice. I think I have a scarf very similar to yours too. I like all the sparkly items and really like your little peace frame. The buffet looks like it might be a family heirloom piece, is there a story that goes with it? Luvs

• forhgtv
    13 years ago

I like your winter whites and pale blues. Very pretty!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Cali, I really like your buffet with the icy branches. The HOME blocks hanging above with the pine and christmas balls are so pretty. Everything you've displayed on here is wonderful. Great job decorating your beautiful buffet.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Kim, the silvery greenery is just right for your display I think. All the soft colors look elegant and lovely together.
    Your buffet looks like a great piece, I too would like to hear more about it!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Kim, Beautifully elegant.
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Ooooooh! Now that's my kind of decorating, I love, love, love it. It's sparkly and yet still looks vintage. I love the little glitter houses, I'm a big fan of the Cody Foster houses, but can't afford them, I'm working on my own versions.
    Frou

• calicocat1967
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for all of the compliments. I grew up going to auctions. So they are my passion. Although lately I have had to say no to them.......too much stuff around right now. So here is the low down on the buffet. About 20 years ago my mom and I were at an auction. They had this buffet with matching table with 6 chairs. They started the bid out at $100 for all......so my mom and I looked at each other and thought what the yeck. So my mom ended up getting it for $250.00 for everything !! Just 2 years ago my parents retired and moved to a smaller home so I was blessed with the set. I have loved using them for another place to decorate. The sleigh in the middle is from my husband's gma, the two carolers are from the GW, the sparkly houses were a $1 at Walmart last year. The PEACE sign is from the Dollar Tree. Notice the wooden ornament hanging above....it was hand carved by a close friend. He has about 300 more in different styles hanging from his tree. So I really treasure it. The rest I have bought through the years. And it all finally came together this year. I really have enjoyed putting this together.

Thanks again,
    Kim

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

calico...I think your buffet & your decor are absolutely GORGEOUS! The oval mirror is beautiful & the sleigh in front of it, a treasure! Love the crocheted runner that you used & the silvery pinery fits all your decor! Everything looks perfectly balanced ...& fun to have such pcs with memories! You did great! TFS this wonderful buffet! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Thanks for the story on the buffet. Most of us enjoy the "history" nearly as much as the photos.

Could you try another shot like the first one, and maybe not get the flash? I want to put it in the Inspiration album, tho I can use this one if its too much trouble.
    By the way, when things glare like mirrors or sparkly stuff, I've found a way that works most of the time to avoid the glare. Have the camera a bit off center of that object and take at a slight angle. Also if you have a zoom, stand farther back and use it.
    My little digital camera is nothing fancy but a zoom button is a must for me. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• calicocat1967
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes Karen, I can try another photo. Thanks for the suggestions. I still don't know how to take good pictures of this kind of stuff. I will post when I get one taken.

Kim

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions