Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

My Christmas House

christmascandy
12 years ago

I thought I would post some pix of the outside.

The ONLY part of this that DH does is put the Santa on the mailbox, and I mean ONLY. No getting decorations down from garage rafters, no fixing light sets that are not working, Nada. Although he did run an extension cord from the back yard because the lights kept popping the breaker this year. So he did move some of the plugs to the extension cord that he plugged into the back yard outlet and put them on a timer! That was big!!

I use lots of lit garland so it will look nice during daytime too!

Close up:

The front porch with large snowflakes from DT several yrs ago. The large snowman on the left side has snowflakes with all of the DGK's names on them.

The left side at night:

the right side at night:

The Welcome arch from Bg Lts 5 yrs ago;

A close up:

Hope you all have a bright and Merry Christmas,

Candy

Comments (15)

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

"No getting decorations down from garage rafters, no fixing light sets that are not working, Nada."
    I never knew my husband had a twin!

CC.= Your yard decorations are spectacular! YOU (and I do mean ONLY YOU) did a great job. I know how exhausted you must be, but it must delight passers-by.

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Wow! Just lovely! I love the snowmen and the BIG snowflakes on the front porch! I'll bet people come from all over to see your house when it's all lit up at night! Only decor outside for us this year is a wreath on the door. In fact, I still have some Fall decor out there that I need to put away! Either you have not had as much snow on your side of town or the sun hits your lawn. The front of our house faces north and I won't see green until March or April! Merry Christmas friend :)
    Kath

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OA, thanks, I appreciate you understanding my frustration with DH.
    Kathe and OA, I put these up in Nov. before Thanksgiving so I can turn on the lights when everybody leaves Thanksgiving night. Also, since I am running around on the roof, I want it to be dry when I am up there! We had over 6 inches of snow, but our house faces south...so... natural snow removal!!

Thanks,
    Candy

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

Candy you are ONE brave soul - I would never get up on the roof and do all that even in my younger days - it is gorgeous and you should be very proud of yourself. I am fortunate to have a husband who loves to do the outside - works out great I decorate the inside and he does the outside. I have learned to confiscate my lights for inside first or else he would use them all up .....

Lynne

• Oakley
    12 years ago

Wow! I think you made a wise decision about using lighted greenery. It makes the house beautiful in the daytime. Now, go slap your husband for me. lol

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Very beautiful, Candy! I love all the lights & garland ...the wreaths ...but esp your front door area w/the potted lighted trees & the snowmen! Kudos to you for being able to handle that 'roof' work & everything! Enjoy it!!! Everything looks exceptionally BEAUTIFUL...love the night shots! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, so glad your sharing all the hard work that went into decorating outside. It's gorgeous and fun to come home to at night for YOU! I can relate to your thoughts completely. I guess if we want it done, then we have to do it!

Everything is beautiful by day and night. Enjoyed your deck decorations. What a fun deck you created. You always put so much into it and it totally shows.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I already knew you're amazing, but to decorate the outside like this BY YOURSELF is really amazing! I'm afraid of heights and the roof may as well be skyscraper, so no outside decor on my house. I shudder thinking of you waaaaay up there.

Your house is just gorgeous, even in the daytime and that's unusual for Christmas decor I think! Ya done good!
    Really, really, really good!
    Mr O's brother there should be ashamed of himself, but of course I know that's not gonna happen! Do you at least get a "that's nice, dear" for your efforts? Hope so ;o).

Love your house, inside and out.
    hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Wow! You did a fantastic job with all the garland and lights. Can't believe you were up there doing all that! You rock gal! Everything looks really pretty and so very inviting. You do good work--I need my outside lights put up, wanna come to California? My house is only a one story and I don't want to climb the ladder! LOL Seriously, you did an amazing job and it's beautiful Candy.

Luvs

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

They are not only twins, I have a triple. LOL Candy, please be careful up on a ladder. There have been several accidents around us that where BAD, from ladders and one was a brother-in-law.

LOL But, Boy Does It look Gorgeous!! YOU did a wonderful job.....And I mean that too..

Keep up the good work just be careful.

Don't you just love all us old goats telling you what to do? We Just Love You and Want you to be WELL!!

Creek

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

OMGosh Candy....what an AWESOME job YOU did!! I cannot even imagine doing all of that even with my husband's help. Amazing! Everything looks beautiful! You deserve an award for stamina!! And crawling around on the roof too...just be careful....that's how I managed to tear the cartilage in my knee a few years ago and it wasn't pleasant.

Hats off to you girl!!

• calicocat1967
    12 years ago

Picture perfect for a postcard !!!! Truly lovely. Thanks for all of your hard work and sharing it here with us

Kim

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everybody, but I cheat! I crawl out the bedroom windows to access the roof. I only use the ladder to put the C-7's on the gutter! Everything else I can pretty much do from the ground. The ladder is also a tall step ladder, not an extension and I make sure it is stable before I ascend.
    I really do enjoy seeing it lit up as I drive up the street and the neighbors like it too.

Merry Christmas,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

"Thanks everybody, but I cheat! I crawl out the bedroom windows to access the roof. I only use the ladder to put the C-7's on the gutter! Everything else I can pretty much do from the ground."

Oh yeah, candy ...like that makes it much easier to do by yourself! Ahhh haaa! Yeah, right! You did an AWESOME job & so MUCH work! Blessings for your neighbors & family! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, Your House scores a TEN!!!
    Sorry your DH won't help.
    You do a FANTASTIC job.
    It is an enormous amount of work.
    Your neighbors are lucky to have
    you doing so much work for their enjoyment.
    Nana

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor
More Discussions