Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What a cool find ... Mikasa Elegance Collection Artic Animals

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 18, 13 at 13:38

Wow ... Our good friend here on the Holiday forum found this gorgeous piece for me when I oooo'ed & awe'd over her Santa Mikasa Elegance collection!

Right now I set it on the Pfalzgraff Winterfrost tray with my dishes...isn't it just beautiful...love all the animals. My Winterfrost collection has the 'polar bear' as part of the design inside the bowls.

I LOVE this Mikasa piece that PM found! I'm thinking of displaying it separately on a cake plate w/snow & a few small glass ornaments...but right now it is here.

If you missed Purplemoon's post of her collection, I'll add the link.

Still smiling, Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Purplemoon's Holiday Elegance Collection

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What a cool find ... Mikasa Elegance Collection Artic Animals

Another view .... so adorable! ;-)

o

It arrived and is beautiful with your dishes. I like the idea of putting it under a cake plate too if it's small enough to fit. Will b fun to c what u come up with.

Punk

o

The base is too big for my large glass dome ... but it would fit on the cake plate itself so I may change it out from my Winterfrost dessert goblets.

Karen, the snowman I talked about is NOT Mikasa ... I always think it is when I see a pic of your collections. It's Lefton (1997) ... a music box (Larry had to work on it a bit) ... I bought it @a garage sale a few yrs. back. ;-) Here it is decorated up today ...on the cedar chest in the spare room.

o

I can see that you and Karen have become the White Christmas Snow Queens with your Mikasa Elegance pieces. And, I might add, you have a pretty good size piece there.

I, too, can see it under glass, but can't imagine that I own a dome big enough to cover it.

So beautiful!

o

Such a wonderful piece, Jeanne.
It looks great where it is.
It would look neat under glass too.
Nana

o

Jeanne..what a beautiful piece.
I like the way you have it displayed now.
A large - wide cake dome would look nice too.
Don't know if this would work for you, but I've used plates that dipped in the center and curved up on the outer edges. This would elevate the dome some, so I could fit a taller piece under it.
Just a thought.
jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here