Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Rotten Present!!

christmascandy
11 years ago

I had a lovely day on Christmas Eve with my family going to 3:00PM Candlelight Service, then to our home for snacks, gift exchange, and Christmas Eve dinner.

BUT, I started getting the most rotten present: a ginormous
RED zit on the end of my nose!! I looked like Rudolph, LOL and by Christmas morning the entire end of my nose was red!

I think it was a horrible joke on the part of the universe as a very bad birthday present!! Who would think at my age I'd still be getting big zits?? Yikes, another year older and a giant pimple on top of it! Isn't it enough to add another candle to the cake without adding insult to injury, LOL??

My Mom, youngest DD and her family came over for Christmas morning brunch and we had a lovely time. Cody (4) had on his snow boots and when he came in he was trying to remove them, so my DH told him to just sit down and yank those babies off. Cody in all seriousness replied "Papa, they're not babies, they're BOOTS!"

Dylan was just too cute for words:

My DSIL sent me the picture from his phone and I couldn't figure out how to resize it. Sorry its so big.

So I had a nice Christmas/birthday except for the blinking red nose!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year,
Candy

Comments (10)

• rafor
    11 years ago

What a cutie!! Love the boots.

• party_music50
    11 years ago

I expected this to be a baiting post that showed us some fantastic dishware you got! :O)

Dylan is beautiful! I love the booties too! :)

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rafor, I'm prejudiced, but with her curls and red Christmas dress, striped tights, and reindeer booties, I couldn't help but brag a bit.

PM, no new dishes this year, just another year older and a big red zit! Seriously, why did it have to be right at the end of my nose? Rhetorical question, LOL It did, however, feel like I was the victim of some giant cosmic prank.

Does anyone have any fun/fantastic New Years plans?

Candy

• party_music50
    11 years ago

Sorry to hear you didn't get any new dishes or fun stuff, Candy. I don't know if I did or not -- my family hasn't opened xmas presents yet! we're waiting for my sister and her family to drive in from out-of-state.... we would *like* to have a NYEve party, but are currently weather-watching for them to make the drive. :p

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Sorry you got such a rotten present. Sounds like you had a wonderful Birthday and Christmas anyway.
    Gosh Dylan sure is adorable!
    Happy New Year.
    Nana

• sameboat
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness I could scoop her up and put her in my stocking! LOL (I only have boys...) Too cute!

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Adorable gr'child!!

Now I can relate to the 'rest of the story'...once told @a young age that I would outgrow the dreaded acne by the time I was a gr'mother! SURE!!! Wonder if that guy is alive yet!!! I'm a gr-gr'ma now & it could have been me, candy! LOL!

But, you now know how Rudolph 'lights up' Christmas! TFS! Jeanne s.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, had to chuckle with the Rudolph nose. I'm sure
    it was all the stress or maybe to much FUDGE(LOL)
    that brought it on. Little ones are so fun. I can just
    hear DGS saying "Papa, they're not babies, they're BOOTS!"

Dylan is growing up fast and still darling. My little
    DGD is so sick and running a high fever. Darn flu bugs,
    makes me feel sad and helpless.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

That picture is just adorable! She's a keeper for sure! Sorry about the zit, don't you know they always appear at the most inappropriate times--well, actually there's never a good time for one! LOL

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everbody!

Punk, I hope your DGD is feeling better.

I'm sure it was probably a combo of stress and fudge!! And, cookies, and cake, and peanut brittle, etc, LOL!

Happy New Year,
    Candy

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions