Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gulfportgail

Help again, please

GulfportGail
11 years ago

I've been trying to post some of my gingerbread pics.
I don't want to post each one individually; but, I can't figure out how to imbed the image into the text.

I downloaded them on Facebook and copied the properties.

Please see below...

img src="http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.208677789152575.51046.100000310661170&type=3";
>

(I put a space between the above so you could see what I did....I actually ran it all together when I tried to imbed.

None are ending with the jpg. Is that the problem?

Thanks,
GGail

Comments (4)

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Gail, I am tech challenged, but I use tinypic.com.
    After going to tinypic, you use the "browse" to find your photo that you have saved (I save mine in My Documents), then answer a question to upload and then right click on the TOP box and click on copy.
    After that I go to my reponse message I am typing here, make sure your cursor is a couple spaces below your text and right click for paste. It will give you a bunch of text, but that is the picture.
    It won't show up until you go to message preview, but that works for me. Someone else here may have a better method, but that works for me.
    I also have to resize my pictures before I save them in My Documents. I insert my SD card in my little notebook, go to My Computer, select SD, then a folder comes up that says DCIM and I click on that, then a folder comes up with 100km893, and I click on that.
    After doing those steps, my pictures open up in small thumbnails and I go through and select which one I want to resize. Right click on the picture and select "edit." That should take you to your paint option, click on the "image" bar at the top and go to stretch and skew.
    I usually use 50,50 and enter and it is the right size to use for posting. You may have to experiment to see what size will work for you. Then I name it and save it in My Documents.
    It sounds more complicated than it is once you get used to it, LOL

Some of the ladies here also use Photobucket and then just post the link.

I hope this helps,
    Candy

• GulfportGail
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Candy,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    I really appreciate it.

Going to go try now.

AGAIN, THANKS.
    Ggail

• party_music50
    11 years ago

Not sure what you mean by "downloading them to FB"... if I view an FB photo, it's a photo.php URL which could be linked to with the 'a' tag. You're showing a media URL, and when I open a browser window with that link it takes me to your FB mobile uploads page. :)

You need to either save the photo to your local computer and then upload it to GW w/ your post, or upload the photo to some server that stores it accessible via web. I use Photobucket for that.

And, yes, when using the img tag you want the src to be in one of the standard image formats like jpeg.

HTH!

• GulfportGail
    Original Author
    11 years ago

party,

Thanks!!

I was afraid that's what was happening.

I'm using my phone and, for whatever reason, it isn't storing the pics to my card that I can put in my computer.

Again, thanks.

GGail

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions