Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

Vintage Christmas Corner

oldalgebra
13 years ago

Just a little arrangement I think some of my "vintage friends" might enjoy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Christmas Corner

Comments (9)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That Santa calendar is darling. And it doesn't get any cuter than that trike.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

What a cool corner! and wonderful to have that Jingle Bell bk that was a part of your Christmas for many yrs! Love the bike & basket & dolly. TFS, OA! Jeanne S.

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

OA,

I went to Eugene Field Elementary School and my father used to recite that verse about HIS brother (my uncle) Bill (who WAS called Will by his mother, but Bill by the fellas!) What a memory!

Everything on your blog is so wonderful and creative. I loved your vintage corner and also the Sadie Hawkins table (along with everything else).

- Magpie

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

OA...I enjoyed visiting your blog again...
    You have the neatest ideas. Your vignette with 'Madeline' on the trike and your old book was very sweet.

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Its all wonderful, that bike especially! I love how you decorated it. Its really neat you gave Magpie a trip down Memory Lane!!

You sound like you are feeling better. Just can't keep a good woman down!
    hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, gals.
    Karen, I do love the bike so much. I'm glad you think it is wonderful too.

Magpie, I was so excited to find you had an Uncle Bill and recognized the poem instantly. My mother (Uncle Bill's sister) could recite the first stanza as well.

Frou, one of the people who left a comment suggested a way that I might put cotton balls on the picture and still leave the original calendar untouched. I'm going to try it.

I have a few more vintage Christmas things to share. I am still very much under the weather. If you look on Kathleen's latest post, you will see some pictures I took. In the lower left corner of one of the pictures, you can see a bed pillow. I am still sleeping on the family room fold-out couch (as I can stay up late, cough and cough and watch late night TV until I collapse, and not bother my hubby). Two nights ago I never went to sleep. It was ugly.

Again, thanks for your kind words.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

OA Your Christmas corner is delightful. So sorry you have the bug. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    NanaKaren

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

OA, you are so talented and this is wonderful. You are going to have so many followers. I have to work today but I will find my log in so I can post on your Blog. this weekend. I remember those calendars but I wasn't smart enough to keep one.lol

Punk

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Wonderful vignette - my only brother is named William and had gone through the gammit of nicknames ......

Lynne

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus
More Discussions