Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soniadee

another gift idea forum

soniadee
22 years ago

Need ideas for inexpensive gifts!!!!! I'm a home health aide, my clients are all females, some are diabetic. TIA

Comments (15)

• taunia1
    22 years ago

How about socks, or a lap quilt? Or, maybe a gift certificate to do their nails or hair? We used to do that in nursing school. We spoiled them rotten!

• eileen_
    22 years ago

How about a rice heating pad? You know the ones you microwave. They are almost as good as someone rubbing your back or shoulders. Easy to make. I use pretty washcloths, fold in half, sew down the middle (making 2 compartments) and the sides, add about 1-1/2 cups rice. Not too full. And sew across the the top. Some folks put essential oils in them. I have allergies can't take it. Have also heard you can put these in the freezer for cold packs but have not tried it. A minute to a minute and half and they stay warm for about half an hour.

How about a placemat laminated pin? Pretty cheap to make too.

Good luck, Eileen

• buso
    22 years ago

What about a mini Christmas tree ($1 store) decorated w/sugar free candies? They turn out to be really pretty
    and are inexpensive too! I made 12 for our cookie exchange party for less than $20! I just hung different types of candy all over using little pieces of thin wire to make my
    own hooks. For most I used regular candy but we do have 2
    diabetics so they had sugar free candy! Nice decoration!

• soniadee
    Original Author
    22 years ago

Great ideas!!!! Thank you , I'll give them a try.

• sandieman27
    18 years ago

what always works for me is meaningful gifts something someone has been talking about for a while and hasn't got a chance to get it. if that doesnt' work cologne, perfume, watch, sweater.

• tanforlife
    17 years ago

For a unique gift, take a look at designing a personalized giant greeting card online, which can even include a photo and your own text message, at www.jumbogreetingcards.com
    I ordered one of these for my husband and he loved it!

• santa_letters
    16 years ago

One of the most magical gifts I send to my nieces are santa letters! They are in college now but still look forward to getting them each year. They have one for every year in the scrapbooks....just a thought

• susiesunshine
    16 years ago

Howdy ther Luvs....
    Perhaps they need to order one of there magnifying gifts.... to help them to read the Garden Web rules...HO HO !!
    Anyway it gives me a chance to say HOWDY to you !
    Gett'n ready for the HOLIDAYS!!!
    God Bless You !
    susiesunshine

• prosperity66
    16 years ago

Well, hopefully, I'm currently full of gift ideas.

Take a look at them before I turn out of inspiration (it happens to me so often!)

Here are some non expensive gift ideas for our beloved ones:

- Their first/last name history printed on a parchment paper;
    - Make them become the hero of a novel;
    - Personalized street panel with their personal informations or what they mean to you;
    - Give them a newspaper where they are the headline;
    - Give them the newspaper published on their birthdate;
    - A personalized wine or alcohol bottle;
    - A Marriage anniversary plate: if they didn't think to buy one, they will appreciate the one you'll give to them;

Ok these are personalized gifts, but I think that personalizing a gift can prove the love you have for them and they will appreciate!

Hope this helps :)

• bonnieann925
    14 years ago

Battery operated toothbrush, like a Crest Spin Brush or an Oral B. Diabetics are particularly suceptible to periodontal (gum disease.) Bless you for the work you do!

Bonnieann
    (who hasn't been here for so long she forgot her log-in name!)

• AntonyBever
    13 years ago

Hey, there are lot of home made gifts available online. Otherwise go for online shopping sites, there you will get lot of stuffs. You will get an idea and can chose gifts from there.

• patty_cakes
    12 years ago

A pair of socks, mittens or gloves with a lip balm(Burt's Bees)and(OR)hand lotion tucked inside. ;o)

• kushy28
    11 years ago

Based on the budget and the person whom we are gifting the gifts varies.
    If we are giving the gift to our friends,loved and to the people who are very close to us I suggest photo frames,greeting cards and sweets.
    If budget is less go for chocolates and flowers.
    Budget is more we can go for beverages.

• HU-510871696
    23 hours ago

Mushroom logs make a good gift. Centrifungal is where I got them, I'm UK based though

• sushipup2
    2 hours ago

"HU-510871696" is a spammer. Please flag.

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions