Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Christmas Table With Black

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

I found these runners on sale Christmas Eve morning at the $ store, I remembered I had the red and black swirl dishes, so I bought them. This was my Christmas Eve table, we had shrimp and grits, DS favorite. I used my vintage Santas and Mrs. Claus on my tiered stand. The candy ribbon ornaments that I used on the flat ware were on sale too.

Frou

Comments (10)

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Frou, Your table is charming. The black runner is perfect with the swirl dishes. The Santas and Mrs. Claus on the tiered stands are adorable.
    NanaK

• karenmo
    13 years ago

Wow, your tiered stands are to die for, and the black runners are so elegant, and with your dishes and vintage pieces, it's a gorgeous table!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

What a great prop...using ribbon ornies to line up the flatware! LOL! You come up with some great t'scapes, frou! Love the dishes, the runners & most of all the 3 tier stands with the vintage Santas & Mrs! Love how you tied in all the white in this colorful Christmasy 'scape...that ribbon dish in the middle, centerpc plates for Santas, S&P shakers, flatware & dinnerware!...a fun table & menu gift for your DS! TFS! Jeanne S.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

What a great way to use black. I have had some really pretty Christmas fabric with a lot of black in it - now I have some idea as to how to use it - great table setting!!!!!! I really like the use of the ribbon ornies. I have those same ornies and they just hang on my red/green/white tree. Your use of them is very cute and so different (tucking that idea away also) TFS your really pretty table .....

Lynne

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

This is such a lovely table.
    Your Black Christmas runner is so nice and so different. It goes perfectly with your dishes. Your Vintage Santa and Mrs Clause look so nice on the tired stands, and I agree, what a clever way to use the ribbon ornies with your flatware. Hope you enjoyed your delicious meal..at this lovely table.

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Very nice, Frou. I agree with all the other's have said. The candy over the silverware was a stroke of genius--so cute! The Santas and Mrs. make a perfect centerpiece, and I really like the candy design in the black runners. Luvs

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Lovely, Frou. I bought the red and white and used them with black for Halloween. I guess I can use them Valentines Day too!
    Love your runner!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Very cute Christmas table. I really like your dishes and new runners. The little candy dish in the center is also very pretty. Love your tiered stand and the vintage Mr & Mrs are so sweet up there.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Frou, that is one delightful table in every way! You are a little creative genius with those candy ribbon things!
    Your stack with the vintage Santas and Mrs are wonderful.
    And that runner.......wow does that really set the whole table off perfectly!

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys. I had the black swirl plates and bought the red bowls for a Christmas party that was canceled due to everyone including me being sick. So now I have service for 14 in both. Kathleen, I think I may plan a Valentine's party and use black,red and silver. The ribbon ornies were a last minute idea, funny how some things work out.
    Frou