Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Simplicity' Bath Decor for Christmas

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 16, 11 at 12:23

I always get a chuckle out of the BOP (back of potty)pics that some of you Holiday'ers now share! So here's my 'Bath' this yr:

This is my lil' Goebel Angel made in W.Germany (passed on to me from my Gr'ma's estate) ...love that she plays the accordian!

Bathroom Goebel Angel WGermany 12.11

Another view w/white metal bird house:
Bathroom Goebel Angel Birdhse 12.11

And an evening view:
Bath BOP View 12.11

Across the way by the tub is this tall character...I love him...he's been around for quite some yrs & I had found him on a Christmas shopping trip at Kirklands (which isn't there anymore):

Bath Snowman @Tub 12.11
Sometimes I put sunflower seeds in his hat! LOL!

This oak shelf is by the sink mirror ...I bought it many yrs ago (before I knew the term 'Mission style'...it just appealed to me:

Bathroom Wall Shelf Full View 12.11

You've probably seen this "Angel" on the forum in other posts...it came to me from a friend here:
Bathroom Wall shelf Angel 12.11

On top: Snow babies caroler's w/brush tree:
Bathroom Wall Shelf Carolers 12.11

& this special 'Nativity' from a church service a couple yrs ago...our town was recovering from a 100 yr flood (or anyway one of the worst in history & so many lost everything some that had never been flooded in their lifetime. We live in the country, so did not flood...but at church, another town had provided these for the congregation:
Bathroom Wall Shelf Nativity 12.11

This notecard was attached, "Mary & Joseph, bent over their newborn son, Jesus Christ. He has been adorned with a gold crown - fit for a King! A shiney star overhead draws those from far & near. The nativity is fashioned from square nails, much like the ones that would one day be used to nail this Child of God to a cross. The journey that He would walk for us, gives us hope & strength for the journeys that we must walk." Your Friends at Hope Church Spencer, Iowa

Hope you enjoyed the 'simplicity' decor of my bath ...may you enjoy the Christmas holidays ahead! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Simplicity' Bath Decor for Christmas

Love your BOTP decor Jeanne! The angel playing the accordian is adorable as are the snow bunnies! That nativity scene is so powerful in it's message.(Off topic a bit, my parents were born and raised in Storm Lake and Cherokee. I still have family in Alta).
This is the first year I have ever decorated the BOTP in the powder room. DH officially thinks I am crazy :) I'll snap some pictures this weekend to share.
Kath

o

Jeanne..your bathroom is a waaay too serene setting!
I don't think I'd come out of there...I'd just grab a book and 'chill'!! lol
Love your BOP decor...the little angel is precious and love that little tree. I think I mentioned once before that I had one just like it when I was a young girl..my DM would put it in my room. Seeing yours is always nostalgic for me.
That 'Mission' shelf unit is a nice piece and is decorated with the sweetest things. Also love that special Nativity...it's so unusual looking...I love its simplicity!

Thanks for 'tour' of your Bath...what a pleasant place to visit!!
jane

o

Thanks, Maxi & Jane... 'tis the season ... so fun to decorate wherever! LOL! Nostalgia is good! (& Kathe, our younger DD lives out near Alta ...Schaller) Small world, uh? TF 'commenting! Jeanne S.

o

Gosh, I forgot to even change out my candle and ring in the potty much less the BOP. Guess I'd better dig through another box and see what I can put in there! I love your little angel and the snowman too. We need festive everywhere, right? ;o) Luvs

o

Great pictures Jeanne, I didn't put anything BOP. But I have two pastel Santas and a tree own the bathroom windowsil.
Nana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here