Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonnieann925

You gave me the kick I needed...

bonnieann925
13 years ago

to once again set the table. Yup, same tablecloth (washed yet again, hole is covered with runner). Much of this tablesetting was purchased for a 2000 dinner party of our wine group. I got the runner, napkin rings and placemats marked down at Crate and Barrel that year. Have used them numerous times over the years. The napkins with the silver band are from Marshalls and have been used many times. The sterling candelabra is giving me fits! The candles keep falling out....given my candle was incident last night, I've got to take them out and cut them to fit.

Dinner tonight is a repeat of last night's beef chianti (it will be even better on day 2). We're going to an early movie and then coming home for dinner.

Happy New Year!

Comments (6)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Blue and silver is such a pretty combination. Bonnie, I learned a little trick for the candles. You just let a few drops of melted wax drip into the holder cups and then stick the candle in and the wax holds them in place. Did your votive candles come all sparkly like that, or did you make them? So pretty. Hope you enjoyed your movie too! ;o) Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Clever Gal! Glad you got more mileage out of your tablecloth..The runner and centerpiece looks wonderful.
    I love the combination of the white with the Silver and 'Ice Blue'...very pretty. Love your candelabras. They always look so elegant. I'm kicking myself for passing up a pair this summer at a TS, and they were cheap too..that usually happens when I'm tired...silly me. Luv's suggestion with melting wax is a good one, I've done that too..and it works.
    So you had 'left overs'...I love left overs, especially when it's something that's yummy...It's like having someone else cook the second time around!

jane

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

I love blue, silver and white - it has such a calming effect to it. Sorry to hear about the tablecloth mishap but looks like you will still be able to use it. I totally agree that those meals more often than not are better the second time around - enjoy the movie and Happy New Year :) .....

Lynne

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Bonnie, this table is wonderful. Love the colors you used. The cp is so pretty the way you set it up on your beautiful runner with the candles and ribbon. I have that blue tacky stuff that is like clay I use in the bottoms of my candle holders to keep them in place. Don't remember what it's called but need to buy more when I find it again. Maybe someone else here will know what I'm talking about and give us a name for it. Luvs idea with melting wax should work also.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Beautiful table, bonnie! Love the color combo on this one, too! I also use that tacky putty stuff for candles that are a bit obstinate!... comes in a pkg of strips that you can just tear off a piece...I use it all over the house esp behind "frames" ...they never get out of wack that way & they don't mess up the painted walls! One pkg goes a long, long way!

Sounds like a wonderful NY's Eve...ENJOY & TFS your table! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Very pretty winter table, Bonnie. I'm going to pass your recipes on to my DD as she really enjoys cooking and trying out new things.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer
More Discussions