Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Some new things at my house

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

I got a package, I got a package, nothing makes you feel more like a child again than getting a surprise package in the mail. Purple Moon decided that this adorable little Santa should live at my house, and he seems quite happy in my kitchen with pix of me and my DS with Santa. Also, I have been working and working on making a glitter village, so here it is. I wanted some of those Cody Foster glitter houses, but wouldn't pay that much, so I got these at the TS for $1.00 piece, I painted them pastels (they were green, red, brown...) and then covered them in glitter. I have to admit the good Martha Stewart glitter did cost me $20.00, but I have enough to do lots more. Also, here is my pink tree in the end of the kitchen.

Frou

Comments (8)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Oh, Frou. Everything is so perfect. It's so YOU. I think it is about the prettiest pink Christmas treatment I've ever seen.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I'm glad Santa arrived safely, he definitely was meant for you with those colors.

You said..."I got a package, I got a package, nothing makes you feel more like a child again than getting a surprise package in the mail."
    Well Gang, the funny thing is, Santa was mailed to Frou
    one morning and that very afternoon I got a surprise package from her!! LOL. Great minds think alike I guess.
    She sent me the most beautiful little 3 pc set of teacup, saucer, and sm plate. I love it and have to get photo to show you. Very dainty looking and reminded me so much of the ones my late Grandmother use to collect. Thanks for a wonderful gift and trip back in Time, Frou.

hugs, Karen

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

the Santa is just darling - what a great surprise from a fellow poster :) - I just love your little 'sugar glitter' houses TFS .....

Lynne

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Frou, so glad that PM sent you the darling Santa. It's darling sitting there with your santa pictures. So funny that both of you were thinking alike about sending presents to each other. Can hardly wait to see the tea set you sent.

Your glitter houses are so neat all set up. Thanks for sharing the story about them. Great buyson your houses and extra glitter left over for the next finds. Love the pink tree.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

That little santa really is perfect for your decor, I can certainly see why Karen felt you needed him. Love that you have the pics of both you and your son with Santa--that is precious.

Great job on the little houses, they look great in that snowy setting. And your tree looks so feminine and pretty, very very nice.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

frou...if I was taking a decorated tree tour, I would know that pink tree belonged to YOU! That is beautiful in your kitchen & I love the crocheted t'cloth, white brush trees & village & other pcs under the tree! Way CUTE!

Love the Santa & family pics! Very cute Santa from our forum friend here! The glitter village is very "glitzy!" ...I've heard from others that the MS glitter results are worth the price! These look great! TFS! Jeanne S.

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Frou, you'd never know that those houses didn't come in pastel & all sparkly, you did a beautiful, professional job on them, they are really pretty.

Karen was right, that pastel Santa belonged at your house!

Well, now you have many pastel xmasy items to compliment your pastel kitchen. Where there's a will, there's a way!

• Oakley
    13 years ago

The santa is darling! I looked up Cody Foster and oh my! What beautiful glitter houses! You did a great job on your's.

Where did you get the large house under the tree? I'm hoping there will be good after Christmas sales for villages etc.

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator
More Discussions