{{gwi:2133035}}

{{gwi:2133036}}

Comments (16)

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Ohhh...so pretty ... are these on a countertop? I

• annac54
    9 years ago

I love all the great decorations this forum has all year, even though I end up not doing too much myself. Here's a few pictures from our village last year.

{{gwi:2133037}}

{{gwi:2133038}}

{{gwi:2133039}}

{{gwi:2133040}}

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Very cool, Anna! I like that 'stream' ... looks like you ladies have a lot of fun! Keep sharing pics! ;-) ~~Jeanne

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

Tally and Anna, Thank you for sharing your villages. They are great.
    I'm still working on mine. It is really being downsized this year.
    Nana

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

I agree Tally & Anna, you both have wonderful Village displays..
    I like seeing the different ways Villages are set up and displayed...
    And also the different themes ....all so creative.
    I thank you too for sharing with us.
    jane

• christine1950
    9 years ago

Tally & Anna, I love your villages...You have both given me some great ideas. I just started collecting pieces last year, here is mine so far. I did get alot of my ideas on this forum last year..
    Christine

• Tally
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Warning Christine: It's addictive!!!

I wish I could do a snow blanket or loose snow with my vignettes, but the cats would get into it. Finnigan thinks a snow blanket is an excellent scratching surface, so we do without. LOL!

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

LOL, tally .... I bet 'cats' would just LOVE snow blankets!

Christine ... wow, you've got a great collection going ... looks good! Bet it will be addictive ... but 'good addiction' is ok here on the Holiday Forum ... lots of 'enablers' here! Merry Christmas! ~~Jeanne

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Tally, Anna and Christine, love, love, love seeing your villages!
    They are all just beautiful! I have bought some for DGD and
    Never displayed them. Hopefully one of these years I will buy
    Some of the little additions and set it up in one of her rooms.

Hope the others will share there's here with all of you.

TFS, Punk

• christine1950
    9 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words. Oh yes it is very addicting LOL..
    Tally I have one 2 year old cat and one 7 month old. A spray water bottle worked for me, they got the message after getting a shot 2 times LOL I also have alot of plants and I swear by the water bottle...
    Have a wonderful Holiday & A very Merry Christmas everyone!!
    Christine

• Tally
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We have had at one time, as many as 9 indoor cats. Mostly, they haven't bothered with the villages. I have only lost a couple of pieces, and only one perpetrator: Buster. He got into everything.

But Finnigan is a little devil. We've had him indoors now for about 5 years. Squirt bottles and rattling empty soda cans filled with pennies works great if you happen to be there at the time. But I work fulltime and am out of the house 11-12 hours a day, 5 days a week. I came home one day to find the snow blanket shredded. Amazingly no damage to the houses or people, but he managed to find the one spot that wasn't heavily "populated" and he shredded it to bits. Plus I also worry that he might chew on the stuff and I don't want to deal with a potential intestinal obstruction. So the snow and the blanket had to go. I don't really miss them all that much.

Here are a couple of photos of my North Pole village back in the snow days. I use animals instead of the elves for this village. It goes under the candy tree I display in the family room. PS...you can tell I don't worry too much about size and proportion. I just like to use some of my other Christmas collectibles in this particular village!

{{gwi:2133041}}

{{gwi:2133042}}

{{gwi:2133043}}

This post was edited by tally on Fri, Dec 19, 14 at 11:35

• christine1950
    9 years ago

They are darling villages Tally.. I am home all day so that does make a huge difference in the kitty behavior ... Darn little rascals, cant help but love them.....

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Tally, love your North Pole village! The animals are darling,
    We don't have any indoor cats right now but in the past I've
    never had a cat that bothered anything.

Thanks again everyone for sharing your villages! Merry
    Christmas. Punk

• yachter123
    9 years ago

Love all the village pics, I don't have the space or patience for all that work, so I really love seeing others who put in the time & effort. Thanks

• yachter123
    9 years ago

Love all the village pics, I don't have the space or patience for all that work, so I really love seeing others who put in the time & effort. Thanks

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

I LOVE seeing the Village pictures! And boy do I understand the cat issue. I have the one Brat Cat, who makes decorating a challenge. My other two are angels and no problem, but he makes up for it.

Tally, that reindeer who's gone 'splat' on the ice is adorable. I've never seen him before! Just so darn cute.
    Your woodland setting with the stream is really awesome tho, love that.

I didn't get my Village out this year and was regretting it, so next year I hope to set it up again.

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm
More Discussions