Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judithva_gw

Tablesettings

judithva
17 years ago

It was suggested to start a new post for tablesettings, so here goes.

A different version of my stacking cake plates, I scored these at Marshalls a few months ago.

This is from last night puttering around, it is NOT (LOL) finished, you all get a preview. LOL

I tend to post alot of close-ups, do you all like that or does it annoy you? I like close-ups because I am a detail person, I like seeing people's arrangements up close so I can "see" what they have used, so that is why I do it here, but I won't do it if you all don't like so many pics.

With that said here are some:

Remember this is not finished you can see some of the "other settings" in the photo. I was starting to get tired, I will finish tonight.

Comments (21)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Judith, I can never decide which of your tablescapes I like best--I just love them all! Your roses look beautiful and are the perfect red, and I love the little bunnies with the red bow--they look so cute. Please keep posting the closeups--I love being able to see all the details. Awesome as always. Luvs

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

I'm with Luvs, I love the way you decorate and I like the closeups. The new plates remind me of my mothers milk glass plates. They are beautiful.

• jrzgurl
    17 years ago

Judithva, fantastic as usual! I did a set w/white,black & silver accessories. I can try to post a pic w/my really crappy,cheap camera. Speaking of cameras, your's takes beautiful pix, what kind is it?

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you ladies.
    Luvs, I always try to sneak in some bunnies somewhere. LOL

paintingfool, Gosh, your setting sounds great, please post a pic, I LOVE black, it is so dramatic. I have some dishes that are black and some that have black in them and solid black stemware. Yep, yep, love black.

I think my white plates are just regular plates, they are just white LOL... I don't know what milk glass looks like, or if I had seen it, I didn't know it was milk glass, sounds cool though.

My camera is a Olympus Camedia C770 Ultra Zoom. A major important thing to remember is a tripod, I could NOT take these clearly without a tripod in the lighting that I use at night for the majority of my pictures. I really hate using a flash cause it takes all the excitement out of the photo, they end up looking flat, and you can't capture the ambiance of the moment.

This was taken WITHOUT a tripod, you can see it is blurry.

I hope I don't sound "preachy" about the tripod stuff, but hey, I figure if "you" go to all the trouble to decorate, you might as well try to get a good shot. LOL

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

Judith, you must have loads of china in every color. Is this setting in your breakfast nook or dining room? I just love everything you have done, if you aren't a professional decorator, you should be!! BTW, keep posting the pictures, it is becoming habit forming checking in several times a day to see what everyone is up to. Like having a close friend you can share things with. So, don't worry about being a "post hog", we all love the fact that you have such interesting ideas.

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

paintingfool,
    thank you, I appreciate your kind words and everyone elses'. I love the kinship here, I don't have a lot of friends that is as crazy as I am about decorating.. sigh, so you all are my internet decorating buddies!!

Well, yes, compaired to the average person, I guess I have a lot of china....it's sort of my hobby....that's my story and I'm sticking with it. LOL LOL

The setting is in my dining room, sad, huh.... (LOL) I live in a very tiny house 940 sq ft. It really breaks my heart that I don't have room for a buffet or hutch or something that I could do displays on in the DR, but, it is not to be, for now anyway. The table and chairs are a bit big for the area, but it just works out fine for the amount of people that I have over at a time.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Judith, Just breathtaking. I love seeing all of your pictures, closeups and distant shots so please keep them coming.
    jrzgurl, I want to see your black, white and silver also.

Sandi

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Judith, Don't forget to post the "finished" pic for us to see too. Can't wait to see what else you may have added! Luvs

• mojo1937
    17 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!

• mrsmarv
    17 years ago

First time poster over here on the Holidays board...I'm usually over on Decorating or Smaller Homes. Judith, I have to say that I am enamored of your settings/storyscapes. I'm amazed (and totally puzzled LOL) at how you manage to fit all that beauty into a smaller space. The saying "Good things come in small packages" is definitely appropriate in your case! Beautiful work, luscious colors, elegant, serene, whimsical, magical, and absolutley lovely. Beautiful. Keep those pics coming.
    Nora

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Judith, I keep going back and looking at all of your pictures and they are just all so beautiful. It's time for some new pictures now! Please!

• donnawb
    17 years ago

Judith, you always do an amazing job with your tablescapes. I love all that I have seen. Love the bunnies with the bows.

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thank you everyone, today I am having a lot of trouble "seeing" pictures on Garden Web, or the other boards I visit, I am getting lots of red "X"s and having slow downloads. I am also having trouble with my CD disk that I saved my photos on, it only partly comes up, and then still will not open pictures for me, I hope my disk has not "crashed", no one here at work that can help me either...

Maybe tomorrow will be better for posting photos. Sigh...I hate not being a "smart" computer person....

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Judith, Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer. I'm not computer savvy either. I hope you get it straightened out soon. Sandi

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, Sandi. I shut down the computer and took the disk in and out several times, I think it is shot...I saved some photos to my photobucket acct, but not all, and I have already erased pics on my camera, I sure wish I knew what happened because I lost alot of great inspiration pics of other things, not to mention stuff that I had done. I really hate being computer dumb.... My other disks are fine, so that is why I think this one is gone. Grrrr

• mrsmarv
    17 years ago

I wouldn't give up yet...there may be a problem with your CD drive "reading" the images on that particular disk (for some reason as yet unknown). Take your disk to some place like Walgreen's or WalMart. Go to their photo department and put your disk in their photo printing/editing unit. If you still cannot see your pictures, then you know it's your disk. If you can see your photos, then it's an issue with your computer. You mentioned that you're having problems with accessing/seeing pictures on other sites, so it very well might be your computer rather than your disk (we'll keep our fingers crossed!) If you have the "restore" disk that came with the computer, you may have to restore the system to a previous date, prior to when you started having problems. What that does is configures your computers "innards" to a date in time when your system was okay. So if your computer was working, say 2 weeks ago, you (or a victim of your choice LOL) would restore the data/hardware/software to the date 2 weeks ago, prior to the problem.

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

mrsmarv, thank you for the techie advice, I will try the Walgreens idea hopefully I can retreive some info. I am not at a "home" computer, I'm at work, so I don't want to tempt the "fates".

I tried one of my other photo disks and it opens just fine, so it must be this "certain" disk.

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Judith, after looking at 'part 2' I just had to track down the original post~what beautiful tablesettings, or should I say, tablescapes? I live in a small home also(condo)so a china cabint is out of the question. I made a 'make-shift' buffet by using two square colums(pedastals)with a piece of glass in between~I purchased the glass at Michael's. It comes in handy at dinners as a spot to hold the food and keep it off the table, as the table only hold six, at most.
    I just thought this idea might work for you and your small space, also.

In the 'interim', dishes can be stacked and left out, if cupboard space is limited~I keep my crystal pieces on mine, which adds sparkle, and doesn't detract from the room.

After looking at your pix, i'm now 'on the prowl' for more dishes! Thank you again for such great inspiration. ;o)

patty_cakes

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

patty cakes, thank you for the complements.

Yes, living in a small place can be a pain, storage etc..., but is has it's pluses too.

Unfortunately I don't even have room for that small glass buffet! It's so sad....I really miss being able to do my buffet tablescapes. In fact I am looking to get rid of my oversize couch, just to get more "decorating space" in the LR. Since I am by myself now, I don't need such a large couch. The last few months I have been on a mission to find the "perfect" couch, which so far has not proved fruitfull.

Better watch out Patty cakes, you are on the verge of becoming a dish-a-holic. LOL

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Judith, yes, and a plate stacking fool also!!LOL

Why not get a loveseat and two Bergere style chairs for your LR?(try a furniture consignment store before buying new). That is, if you have the room. It seems no more than 3 people ever sit on a sofa, but if you can manage to get two chairs in the room, plus a loveseat, that would give you four 'seatings'. It's just a thought. Good luck with your 'hunt'. ;o)

patty_cakes

• judithva
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Patty cakes, I have considered a loveseat, but that will be a bit too small, sometimes I like to spread out, I am thinking of also getting a matching couch for the diningroom set, then I can switch out 2 of the bergere chairs in the DR to the LR. I have always loved the look of a couch as seating in a dining room. Of course, finding the perfect couches is a challenge. LOL
    Unfortunately, we don't have any good furniture consignment stores in this area (or at least carrying what I want). But, I do enjoy the search. LOL

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions