Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Birthday Tablescape

Posted by ladypat (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 30, 10 at 11:15

With a birthday during the holidays, the decorations have to be gone and the focus on the birthday girl. Here's my idea this year.

Pat

Here is a link that might be useful: The Best Moments

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Birthday Tablescape

Very nice, Pat...I always LOVE to have pics included in b'day parties! Looks like a special day for a special DD! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Love it! I'm becoming addicted and obsessed with these tablescapes! (I even added the word to my spell check so that it doesn't keep trying to get me to correct it!)

o

Pat your table is delightful,I love the idea of using her pictures as part of the centerpiece. I'm guessing that is her admiring the table. She is lovely.
My oldest DD is 45 today [how did that happen?]
NanaK

o

Nana,
They get older and we don't. Some kind of phenomena. But you best be getting that table set to celebrate!
We do have one birthday table tradition. When my boys were little, they did the Make-A-Plates every year. I have "service for 12," and we use them on a linen tablecloth, with linen napkins, sterling silver, and crystal stemware. The glasses are actually very gaudy, (MIL Christmas gift many moons ago), but it adds something to the "tablescape." (I love that word.)

o

Hey! Nana, I LOVE that idea. I'm going to have to look into Make-A-Plate.

o

Pat, I left a comment on your blog, as did Denise, I see! :)

Nana, every time I write tablescape it shows up as incorrect!
I guess someone made it up!

o

What a beautiful DD and the table is great too. I love using pictures to decorate on special days. That cake looks yummie, yummie, yummie.
Frou

o

Left a comment on your blog too, but will just add that I can only imagine all the teasing she got about those birthdays past pictures! That's a really cute idea! Luvs aka Kay

o

Lovely birthday table for DD. Great idea to frame some of her pictures through the years. Yummy looking choc. cake and your stand is beautiful. Loved th confetti you added to her table. DD had that same Rainbow Brite doll. Looks like you made her smile with this table.

Punk

o

Kathleen WHAT??
NanaKaren

o

What a sweet table and lovely idea using 'The Birthday Girl's' photos.
Your DD grew into a lovely lady. I'm sure she felt like a kid again, seeing her photos as part of a centerpiece around her cake..
Great planning!

jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here