Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladypat1

A Birthday Tablescape

ladypat1
13 years ago

With a birthday during the holidays, the decorations have to be gone and the focus on the birthday girl. Here's my idea this year.

Pat

Here is a link that might be useful: The Best Moments

Comments (11)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Very nice, Pat...I always LOVE to have pics included in b'day parties! Looks like a special day for a special DD! TFS! Jeanne S.

• nancyjeanmc
    13 years ago

Love it! I'm becoming addicted and obsessed with these tablescapes! (I even added the word to my spell check so that it doesn't keep trying to get me to correct it!)

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Pat your table is delightful,I love the idea of using her pictures as part of the centerpiece. I'm guessing that is her admiring the table. She is lovely.
    My oldest DD is 45 today [how did that happen?]
    NanaK

• nancyjeanmc
    13 years ago

Nana,
    They get older and we don't. Some kind of phenomena. But you best be getting that table set to celebrate!
    We do have one birthday table tradition. When my boys were little, they did the Make-A-Plates every year. I have "service for 12," and we use them on a linen tablecloth, with linen napkins, sterling silver, and crystal stemware. The glasses are actually very gaudy, (MIL Christmas gift many moons ago), but it adds something to the "tablescape." (I love that word.)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Hey! Nana, I LOVE that idea. I'm going to have to look into Make-A-Plate.

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Pat, I left a comment on your blog, as did Denise, I see! :)

Nana, every time I write tablescape it shows up as incorrect!
    I guess someone made it up!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

What a beautiful DD and the table is great too. I love using pictures to decorate on special days. That cake looks yummie, yummie, yummie.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Left a comment on your blog too, but will just add that I can only imagine all the teasing she got about those birthdays past pictures! That's a really cute idea! Luvs aka Kay

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Lovely birthday table for DD. Great idea to frame some of her pictures through the years. Yummy looking choc. cake and your stand is beautiful. Loved th confetti you added to her table. DD had that same Rainbow Brite doll. Looks like you made her smile with this table.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Kathleen WHAT??
    NanaKaren

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

What a sweet table and lovely idea using 'The Birthday Girl's' photos.
    Your DD grew into a lovely lady. I'm sure she felt like a kid again, seeing her photos as part of a centerpiece around her cake..
    Great planning!

jane

Sponsored
More Discussions