Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
santafegm

martha stewart pre-lit christmas tree

santafegm
15 years ago

Are Ladybard or GrannieB still out there??? It's been several years since they posted, but I'm having the same dilemma with my Martha Stewart pre-lit tree from K-Mart. My kids helped take down the tree and unplugged everything...now I can't get the lights to work. Of course, I can't locate my instruction booklet. Are the instructions still available? It would make this holiday season so much easier!!! Thank you to anyone who can help!

Comments (17)

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Do you keep changing your name? Did you read the last thread because I had some suggestions but I don't have a MS. BTW have you went to KMart and looked how they are plugged in?

• jerail
    15 years ago

I am having the same problems and was wondering if anyone had the instructions that they could email to me. Desperate in Alabama.....Thanks to anyone who can help, and Kmart has no suggestions.

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Have you checked the fuse. You have to find the right plug. I would keep changing the plugs until you get it right. On the extension cord the opening is closed until you plug something in. When you get it figured out mark the plugs with a permanent marker.

Go to Kmart and see how they have the trees plugged in. You may see if they have instructions somewhere for the trees they put up.

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Just found this. Hope it helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: tree instructions

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Sorry that is the wrong link. It is to put up a non prelit.

• intukeanu_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

I think someone copied & pasted my comment about Ladybard & GrannieB!!! I posted the original comment on another thread, but now I see it here under the name santafegm...not me!

Anyway, I ended up stringing lights on my tree this year. I tried every way in the world to connect the original lights on the tree, but nothing worked. If anyone has the instructions, I will definitely frame them on my wall for next year!!!

• drjinva
    15 years ago

There's a box in the middle section of the tree that accomodates three plugs-- two on one side and one on the other. The cord from the box plugs into the wall. The box and all of my plugs had a piece of red tape on them. I'm thinking that I might have done that last year to make things easier though.

• Penelope
    15 years ago

I just assembled my Martha Stewart tree. It's about four years old and a 7' "slim" tree, which comes in three parts. It could well be that the Martha Stewart badge goes on many different trees from different manufacturers, so I wouldn't be surprised if the connections were different from one tree to another, or one year to another. But in any case, my experience was similar to drjinva's. The wire that plugs into the wall ends in a socket like an extension cord, and accommodates three plugs. It has a little red tag hanging from it saying "please plug in here." There are three male cords, one from each tree section, that have little red tape dots on them. I plugged each of them into the socket. There's *also*, in the middle section, a male plug and a small female plug, neither of which had red dots. I plugged the male into the female, and now the whole tree lights. In previous years I've added an extension cord inside the tree (see my previous post) because the top section cord didn't seem to want to stretch to the socket, but this year I was able to get it all together. I'll still use the extension cord for the extra lights I add.

The box has a phone number on it for assistance: 1/800-813-0206, and it says to call between 8-5 eastern time. Again, though, it's several years old.

• Smarth
    10 years ago

Can anyone tell me where the fusee are located and how to change? I have one small section that won't light on my tree.

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

The fuse/fuses should be in the plug itself. There's usually a part that will slide, but this might not be the case with the MS tree. If you can't do it, go back to,the store where you purchased the tree, and with the actual store display right in front of you, have someone show you. Good luck.

• phyllissweeney
    8 years ago

Got a 7.5 martha Stewart 7.5 white pre-lit tree but all the lights went out and I cannot find a number to call. Anybody know what I should do?

• Lori Langley
    8 years ago

I had the same problem with a pre-lift tree from K-mart. In my opinion it's not even worth buying a pre-lift tree. We went back to the traditional method after about two failed pre lit ones.

• Bill Thomas
    8 years ago

have martha stewart model 75g2m0800mno instructions does anyone know how to light it

• Jackie Kaufman
    4 years ago

I have an older 7 1/2 foot Marta Stewart tree and the top didn't light up. I realized that there are a number of plugs that are not labeled and we must have unplugged one when we put the tree away. Once I plugged it in the top lights came on.

• HU-107086413
    3 years ago

Help ! We cant find our M Stewart instruction book . An 8 inch gap of lights are not working.

• MSRED Byrd
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

HU...Find a working bulb on your strand, remove it.... and use it to replace each bulb, one by one, on the broken section, until the broken section lights up again,,,, then buy replacement bulbs, if they are available.

Sponsored
More Discussions