Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Happy New Year

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

I wish a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all of my dear friends here on Holidays.

Nana

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Thanks for starting this, nana...

Years ago I came across these old pics from my Mom's estate boxes ..she was the geneologist of our family ...so I am assuming these people are long distant relatives! But I loved the pics & esp am happy to share them w/any of our Holiday-ers here who LOVE t'scaping!

Happy New Year 1948!

Close-up of this AWESOME centerpc!
    {{gwi:128747}}

Cool pine tree candles, snowman & that beautiful crystal punch bowl set! HAPPY NEW YEAR, "Holiday-ers" & hopefully many more to share together! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Nana, lovely wishes for all of us, thank you. I am trying my best to be optimistic about 2012, plan to take it one day at a time and remind myself to enjoy the little things and all the special people in my life.

Jeanne, what a great picture--and just my age! LOL Those years do roll by fast, so we all need to make the best of them, don't we?

Luvs

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nana...Thank you for the New Year Wishes...and
    To You - and EVERYONE in our Holiday Family...
    Wishing You ALL a Very Happy-Healthy New Year ...
    With Many GOOD Blessings!

Jeanne...loved the old NYE photo. I love how everyone dressed up even if they didn't go anywhere..Your DM created a great CP for the New Year. The Same Year My DBrother was born!

Luvs...thinking of you - Sending Prayers Your Way and Wishing You Strength and Inner Peace As You Face Each New Day In The New Year!

jane

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Happy 2012 everyone! Many blessings and good health!
    Luvs, you are in my prayers!
    J, those pics are great, and taken at an Elks Lodge I think, I recognize the plaque. My dad belonged to the BPOE. They do a lot of charitable work.

Santa left me the bug, so I will celebrate at home with my antibiotics and glass of juice.
    Cheers!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, Happy New Year and Blessings to All of you too.

Jeanne, those pictures are wonderful. Wish I had some of the old family pictures here and would be seeing what I could find. My DM sat some wonderful tables and entertained all the time.

Luvs, so good to hear from you and hope as Jane stated "You find Strength and Inner Peace As You Face Each New Day In The New Year!"

Jane, BAY 'Wishing You ALL a Very Happy-Healthy New Year ...
    With Many GOOD Blessings!'

Kathleen, sorry to hear your not feeling well. Hope your antibiotics help you start feeling better soon. Are you sure santa left you this bug? That's not Good! Hope you write a letter next year and ask for something fun.LOL

DD has been fighting streph for a couple months now and it's pretty scary. They know she has an infection but not sure where.

Won't be long and we can all 'Raise Our Glass' for a fantastic 2012.!!! Mine will be tea.

May all your days ahead be the Better than the Last!!!

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

kathleen...I wondered about that mounted head on the plaque...seemed kind of weird for 'home decor.' Glad you recognized Elks Lodge decor! Thank U.

jane..this is not my Mother ...but people sent her tons of pics from all over the U.S. when she started her genealogy project when she was probably in her 50's...before computers & word processing. She typed everything,
    Xeroxed pictures...amazing! Some pics were sent back & many were given to my Mom...that's the box these came from.

punk..that is cool your Mother entertained alot w/t'scaping! (that didn't happen in our family)

luvs...keep that attitude...heartbreaking what illness can do to you & loved ones...you are both fighters, it seems. Hugs!

Happy New Year, Holiday-ers! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne...came back to read again...
    Ooops! So I wrote that it was your Mom in the pic who did the TS!! 'I Knew It Wasn't Her'...because that's what I Read..but my brain communicated the wrong message to my fingers -! :)

Kathleen...sorry you're down with a bug..hope your meds work quickly and you're feeling better soon.
    I think all the running around weakens our immune system and anything out there we're suseptible to.
    Take care of yourself and Cheers to you too!

jane

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Happy New Year to all my special forum friends. Sorry that I haven't been able to keep up with posting, but I have read everybodies posts and enjoyed a;; the lovely decor/ Like Karen, seems like I have had a hard time finding any holiday spirit this year...just too much going on that I have no control over. My two oldest Sons and their families are supposed to be here tomorrow for "Christmas" ; they didn't get to come last week so our Christmas has been a week long. I"m not doing any thing special (we never do) unless you can call cooking tonight for the kids tomorrow celebrating. Thank you all so much for keeping this forum going, sometimes it is the 'bright spot" in my day that keeps me going. Love to all and prayers for a better year in 2012 Janet

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

What a clever idea - and how easy too. I am going to keep my eye out for an old used Santa doll and a baby doll to turn into the Old Year and Baby New Year.

Thanks for sharing the picture.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Happy New Year EVERYBODY!!

I enjoy reading everybody's posts, but I am so far behind!!
    You are all the best and I consider you dear friends and I wish everyone a wonderful 2012.

TTFN,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Keeping my new (old) find on the buffet for awhile & added a mercury glass candleholder gifted this season from a friend ...so kissing, candlelight & a little music in the night hours...

May special Angels watch over you & yours in the new year! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
More Discussions