Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Gingers Dancing and DR Decor

phonegirl
10 years ago

The table is set with the gingerbread plates from Michaels. I'm slowly collecting more ginger
things every year. Wish I would come across all the little gingers I painted years ago. I'm thinking
I must of donated them.

This shows most of the dining room decor too. Still waiting for a new shelf for the cabinet that
the glass shelf broke in. Maybe Santa will check his list and come through!haha

I've had this santa cookie jar and the ginger house that lights up. DD bought me the pedestal
cake plate. When it came out, it inspired me to set a table w/gingers this year. I used some of
my glistening stuff in the ice cream cups topped with a red kiss this year and I like it better than
using snow. Not near as messy either.

Left side of dining room.

Right side of dining room.

Woodland santa's and cardinal display. I remembered to bring out my 4 little cardinal ornaments
for the cork tree on the right. The little racoon was one of a set I'd brought DM years ago from ACE.
Lost the other one some how/where.

Pinecone candles were DGM and since Jeanne and PM got be hooked on woodland decor they
always come out. I cut the center branch from our sand cherry bush. I see one of my owls is
upside down in this picture.OPPS

I have only come across one of my gingerbread house ornaments so had to use some of DGD's
'Girlfriend' and other ornies for the chandy. The two ginger cup ornaments on the doors was from a nail client/df a
few years ago.

TJ sharing her old fashioned Christmas card she received from one of our 'Holidayers' this year.
A few chocolates, and decked out in DGD's Christmas dress and hat she gave me for her. Her
ornament says 'God's Smallest New Star'. Guess we should be sending one to Nana for Caroline.

Whew, this is the final picture! Hope you enjoyed the DR tour.

Punk

Comments (12)

• swest2_gw
    10 years ago

Love, love, love the decorations. Really puts me in the holiday mood.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

SW, thanks, tis the season! I enjoy having decor to enjoy this
    time of year. I also love Christmas music on while I decorate.
    Thanks again for looking and your sweet comments.

Punk

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

That gingerbread theme is really cute. Thanks for sharing.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

F1BH, thanks for your comments. If I had extra time
    I would of tried a cocoa bar this year with them on
    the buffet. Maybe next year.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

How fun and festive Punk! I love the gingerbread theme.
    Everything is so bright, cheerful and welcoming
    And of course TJ looks adorable and happy to be part of the festivities!
    Nana

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Very festive! Love all the red and green, and the candies hanging from your light fixture, very cute!

-SD

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Wow Punk...your Christmas Decorations
    are amazing!
    I love the way you set your table with the Gingerbread
    theme. It's so festive looking. Your cabinets inside
    outside and on top look fabulous. The Woodland
    Santas with the cut branch is a nice display.
    Of course, I don't want to leave out TJ
    also looking so cute in the outfit that DGD gave her...How sweet.
    Love everything Punk...now I hope you take some time out to enjoy it all.
    jane

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas (in punk's dining room!) Wow, so very, very festive! I have to keep squinting my eyes to try to see all those china closets & cabinets in your DR! & ALL decked out so beautifully!!

I love your Gingerbread ... our Hobby Lobby used to have lots of GB accessories...have you checked there? (just in case you want to use your 40% coupon...well, Christmas decor is usually 50% anyway).. ;-) I got one of my daughter's a few pcs a few yrs ago ...

Ohhh...TJ looks so ready for Christmas in that red velveteen outfit w/the white fur trim...nice going DD! I'm glad she liked her card & of course, I see you added chocolate, a girls best friend! ;-) Adorable!

Of course, I am ohhhing & awwwwing over the 'woodland' vignette ... wow ... those Santa's are wonderful & the pine cones, greenery & adding that branch...great idea! I hear that 'owls' are big hit this yr ... I think they're adorable! TFS, punk! You're ready! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Wow, you have been a very busy elf!

It is looking quite festive at your home! Everything is so well coordinated and that garland around your doorway is very striking!

I am almost done decorating. Now have to start on the baking and candy-making!

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Nana, it's so nice to have all the decor up in this area.

SD, thanks, I try to hit the clearance sales so always have
    new ornies to play with each year.

Jane, I started painting a couple things for Christmas this
    weekend and visited DFs. So guess I'm enjoying what's
    done. Waiting to see what DGD says about her/TJ's
    dress and hat.

Jeanne, we don't have a HL around here. I will get busy
    and share some close ups of the cabinets for you. I took
    them just haven't taken the time to post. I think owls are in
    this year. Remember my pinecone birds I bought last year?
    Haven't seen them yet but they would of been nice to add to
    my woodsy buffet!LOL

Candy, I remember DM and us girls making so many
    goodies for the holidays. My DH and kids don't care about
    any of that really. Instead it's workout time at the gym.Geez

The garland around the door is same as last year with added
    green poinsettias. I had put it in a box so all I had to do is
    fluff this year. Will do that again for next year.LOL

Thanks everyone for looking and all the sweet comments.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

What a fun and festive table setting. Everything in the whole room looks so happy.......especially TJ. :o)

Love all you've done, and still don't know how you find the time and energy to do so much! Wow.
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karen, are you kidding? You and Jeanne are running me ragged this year trying to keep up!LOL It would be so nice to just take a week off work and decorate. I keep thinking I should but feel guilty cutting out.

Christmas is coming soon and it seems like it was just Thanksgiving. It has been so cold here and now it's starting to warm up and snow. We had some bad roads today and they are predicting more storms tomorrow.YUK The news said the last time we had it this cold was 1972.

Thanks for your sweet comments and I'll be back to yak tomorrow. This is such a wonderful time with so much to enjoy on here.

Punk