Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Dining Room 'Dressed' For Christmas!!

plainjane425
12 years ago

Some pics of the Dining Room Tree - Black Hutch and Large China Cabinet..I don't decorate too much in there..

I use my Johnson Bros - Friendly Village and some of my pewter collection in the Black Hutch for Christmas..It transforms into a warm Holiday look!

The DR Tree has some new ornaments - some from my tree as a Teenager and also some vintage ornaments from our old Family Tree..

Sorry for the 'fuzzy photo' !! lol

Large China Cabinet..

The Large Blue Angel in the cabinet was my DMIL..It Plays Silent Night...The two smaller ones I bought over 35 yrs ago. They were the first Blue & White 'Christmas' pieces I owned..

href

Small Dining Room Buffet

Lighter picture....shows off the 'Hobnail' Shade on my old Lamp...

Sorry for the overload of pictures..I'm trying to get them posted before it's Valentine's Day!

I still have some outside pictures and DH's Village to do!!

Thanks for looking.

jane

Comments (10)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh gosh, jane...what a nice surprise this morning to visit your DR! Just lovely!

Love, love the table runner w/(our) matching casserole bowl ...those candlesticks & rings & pinery! And your displays in the black hutch...so very beautiful...your Johnson Bros, vintage looking children/Santa's & your pewter...from the top display to the bottom, just lovely!
    I am envious of your artistic arranging of faux foilage/berries/pinery/etc. ...always adds to your decor!

That small DR buffet is so pretty ... that plain feathery tree...ummmm, perfect! (& the berries)! Your Christmas tree is GORGEOUS ... love the old ornies, ribbons, beads & esp the 'memories!' You are so blessed, jane. Merry Christmas & TFS! Jeanne S.

• blizlady
    12 years ago

Please don't apologize for all the pictures! We love them! Everything is just beautiful and I can't wait to see your hubby's village and outside decor too!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jane, gorgeous dining room and tree! The first picture should be in a magazine. Who wouldn't love coming home to a setting like that.

You always put so much detail into your decorating and it shows. Your tree turned out beautiful. The fruit added to the greenery for the dining area is lovely.

Loved reading about your angels history and seeing your figurines you added. More pictures coming? Yeah!!!!!

Punk

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

Love the simplicity of your decorating. Your Johnson Brother's china is so pretty. I love your tree - I am a sucker for vintage ornies especially the indented ones - I have several from my mother and grandmother and really do cherish them. Looking forward to seeing your hubby's village. I split mine up into several smaller ones rather than one large village display - it was taking up too much room. TFS your home with us .....

Lynne

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I feel like I'm in Williamsburg looking at your pictures! So pretty and very elegant looking! Love your hutches and your chandelier is gorgeous!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Jane it looks just lovely. Your use of fruit and berries with the greenery is just perfect for a dining room. Love how you tell us the stories about some of your items, so neat that you have been able to keep so many that represent special times and memories. Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jane, Your pictures are fantastic.
    It is like looking through the pages of a magazine.
    I'll be back to browse again when things are not so hectic..
    Nana

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

It looks beautiful, Jane. I love your chandy all dressed up for the season!

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone for such lovely comments.
    I'm sorry I'm so late getting back to responding but things have been so hectic. I had last minute wrapping - who doesn't...(there's always one more thing).
    Then I had to prepare for Christmas Dinner...
    so here I am finally getting a chance to rest after hrs on my feet cooking-cleaning up and then would you believe after all was put away..DH says...'I'm hungry' what do you have !! grrrrrr. I'm sure you can all relate to this and laugh. I call him the original 'Your Welcome Man'.
    He doesn't have a clue what presents were bought-wrapped and who they're for (ALL DONE BY ME)....but when they're given and opened...'HE' says 'Your Welcome' !!
    Do you have one of 'Those Guys' around the house too??

Glad you enjoyed the DR pics. This is an easy room to do because We NEVER use it! Sad..I think I mentioned before I didn't want a Formal DR - just a very large Kitchen because that's where everyone seems to mingle.

Jeanne - Lynne...I think we love those old ornaments b/c of all the sweet memories that go with them.

Punk...you're always so sweet with your compliments..you would be a treasured guest to have over!

Marlene-Luvs.. I've always used fruit in decorating waay back..I always loved the look around the holidays. Something very warm and inviting about it.
    Marlene-Williamsburg - wow!! I was there many years ago and I just loved all the fruit & pewter in their decorating..

blizzlady..I'm still trying to take those pic of DH's village. Our oldest Gndson helped him this year and DH was so thrilled that he wanted to help. They did such a nice job too.

Nana..Kathleen...thank you both for your sweet comments..

Hope everyone enjoyed a Merry Christmas and are enjoying
    the 'Peace of the Moment'..

jane

• judithva
    12 years ago

Slinky, your rooms came out lovely. I really love your collection of dishes, Oh, if I only have more room and money.......

Sponsored
More Discussions