Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

seasonal decor

party_music50
11 years ago

Well, I finally did a bit of decorating... have been very busy and may not do much more from here, but that's ok.

I'm using my vine trees and my favorite red ribbons and pinecones on the porch, giant candycanes fill a crock near the door, and I still plan to put something eye-catching on that little wicker table in front of the windows:

My BF convinced me to put the tree in the corner:

I had to move a rocker and chair, and I stuck this one in a lonely corner so it would be available if needed. I really love the simplicity. :)

And, finally, my new pickle ornament! lol!!!!

And, BTW, I also have mistletoe hung. :)

Comments (6)

• decorcrzy
    11 years ago

I really like your bows and pinecones. They look really nice against the white trim on the windows.

You must have been really, really, good this year to have all those presents under your tree already. I am still waiting for them under my tree.

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Beautiful tree! That looks like a good spot for it.
    Your cute pickle ornament is nicely visible. You have quite a collection of pretty glass balls, and your porch looks very inviting!

Hope you catch your sweetie under the mistletoe, LOL

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh, I love the vine tree you tucked in that 'lonely corner' space ... w/one of your beautiful baskets ...now I know you 'must' have a weaved 'star' somewhere to tuck in that tree! ~~giggle

I love what you call 'simplicity' ...everything looks so wonderful ...the bows/pinecones are perfect & your tree is beautiful in that corner ...like the bkgrd wall there! Wow, lots of pretty ornaments! TFS, party! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Very nice! Love your tree and your basket full of poinsettias and the vine tree is very cool!

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Very pretty. I love your tree! I just can't seem to master the knack of getting ornaments close together and having the tree really 'loaded'. (old habits die hard I guess.)

hugs, Karen

• party_music50
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for the kind comments, everyone. :)

decorcrzy, I have often wondered why I don't see wrapped presents under the xmas tree on everyone's photos posted in this forum. lol!

candy, I love those old glass ornaments! My parents gave me a box full of their old glass ornaments when I first moved out -- meaning they're everything that was on the tree when I was a kid! I love unwrapping each one every year and smiling as I put them on the tree.

jeanne, I made and used willow stars and woven snowflakes last year! I liked them. :)

marlene, it's actually poinsettias and holly branches in the basket... what may look like bare spots in the photo is actually just the green holly. :O)

PM, believe it or not, after reading the xmas tree decorating tips that was posted here a few weeks ago, my goal this year was to load more ornaments on the tree!!! I bought 5 dozen more ornies, but only managed to get on about 2 dozen more before I got bored with it. The back of the tree never got the extras. LOL!

Thanks again everyone. I actually did end up adding lots more decoration inside and it does look more "festive". I should also have the time today to dress up the porch a little better... especially my vine trees. :O)

This post was edited by party_music50 on Sat, Dec 22, 12 at 8:45

Sponsored
More Discussions