Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekdweller_gw

OT: Please Pray!

creekdweller
13 years ago

Hello Everyone, I know you all have something going on in your lives. I have barely skipped thru the messages and have seen some of your post.

My Mama's heart by pass & Valve replacement went wonderful!

However, they had to put her back in ICU three days after she went to a room. Her lungs are sick. They are talking about putting her on the ventilator. Please pray along with all the other many request, that Mama can and will be better, so she can be back with Daddy. He has dementia, and it is getting worse since Mama has been in the hospital.

You all are in my prayers, and I am praying that everyone has a lot better new year.

Keep me in your prayers as well. I am still continuing to loose weight. I am eating, my nerves are getting the best of me.

Thank you again for all your previous prayers and concerns.

I think of you folks as true friends.

Take Care, and Please keep praying for ALL of us.

Creek

Comments (21)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Creek, I'm so sad to here about your momma's lungs not working right after all she's been through. Will send prayers your way and hope her and DD's condition start improving right away. You have alot to deal with and that's not easy.

I hope your nerves will settle down soon so you can get stronger to be able to cope with all of this. I'm praying for a better New Year ahead for everyone who is going through these trying times.

Take Care My Dear Friend,

Punk

• nancyjeanmc
    13 years ago

Praying for health, comfort, peace and the ability to rely on Him.
    Caring for parents and children at the same time is a tougher season of life than I anticipated.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Creek, I'm so sorry your Mom has had a setback. Sometimes Drs will put a patient on a ventilator to take the strain off the lungs and heart. I'll be thinking and praying for you and your family.
    NanaK

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Creek, I'm so sorry you also are having such a bad time.
    Too many of our friends here are, so hope our prayers are heard and there is some good news coming.

Take care of yourself, please.
    hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Creek...
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom's setback.
    My prayers are with All of you. Have Fath in the Power Of Prayer to bring your Mom through this.
    Please take care of YOU as well.
    Keep Us Posted..and
    Blessings to You ALL

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Creek, I'm so glad you came and gave us an update on how both you and your Mom are doing. I'm sure she hates the idea of going on the ventilator, but like Nana said maybe it will take some of the strain off her heart and lungs. Are you the one trying to take care of your Dad while your Mom is in the hospital? If he seems to have gotten worse, it's probably because his routine has been interrupted and most likely your Mom was sort of his "security blanket" against the confusion in his life. I really really feel for you and know this must be such a hard time for you. Have you talked to your own doctor about something to calm your nerves and relieve some of the stress? I will keep praying that things turn out well for all of you. God Bless, Kay

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Sending good thoughts & prayers to you creek, you DM & DD...may God hold you & your loved ones up doing this time of need. Jeanne S.

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Creek, my prayers and good carma are coming your way tonight. I hope your mom is doing better, and you are getting some much needed rest. Take care of your self first or you won't be able to take care of your DM&DD. That sounds like it is the wrong thing to say at such a time with so much going on, but if you don't take care of yourself, you really won't be able to care for them like I know you want to. Kay had some very good advise; your own dr.may be your best alli right now. Giving you a big "computer hug" Janet

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I will keep you all in my prayers!

• creekdweller
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone again for all of your prayers and concerns.
    The Lord called Mama home on Tuesday, the 28th at 6:30 p.m.
    I am still in shock. It went so fast. However, I am glad she didn't have to suffer and linger, if she couldn't be better. I am at peace with the fact that I know where she is and that I have the assurance that I will see her again.
    My husband and I were there and I was holding her hand. My sister didn't get there in time. The brothers and grand kids, except one was there and one got there too late like his mother.

Luvs, Yes, Mama was Daddy's security blanket. She thought she could go in and get the heart valve replaced and come back and take care of Daddy. She said if she didn't come home, he wouldn't be far behind her. She always prayed, they would go together.

Right now, his physical body is good, but, his mind is not. He asked "Where is my wife?" We told him she had gone to be with the Lord, and he said, "You mean she died"?

Please keep us in your prayers. As I know the days to come are going to be the hardest. When I can't call and talk to my Mama, I don't know what I will do.

I am still praying for all of you, and you are all in my thoughts.

Take Care,

Creek

• nancyjeanmc
    13 years ago

I'm so so sorry. But I pray that Blessed Assurance holds you up when it's tough.
    There's a song by Andrew Peterson called, Give Us Faith To Be Strong. One line says:
    Give us faith to be strong;
    Give us strength to be faithful.
    This life is not long, but it's hard.
    I for one am grateful to know that you know Who can hold you up in the hardest times.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Will keep you, your family & DD in prayer...may you find comfort in the memories you share. Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Creek I'm so sorry to read this news.
    My deepest sympathy and prayers are with you all.
    This truly brought tears to my eyes..but as you said,
    Comfort in knowing she didn't suffer and is at Peace with Our Lord...
    Bless you All and continued strength in caring for your Dad.

jane

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Creek, my prayers are with you and your family. I was so sorry to hear about your DM. Just lean on our LOrd, he has all the strength and wisdom you will need durring the comming weeks. Please know that we will all be here for you. Janet

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Creek, I am so very sorry to read of your Mother's passing. We are never ready to lose loved ones. Try to take comfort that others are thinking of you and praying for you and your family. Please try to take it one day at a time. God will be there for you.
    NanaKaren

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

(((Creek))) - my prayers are with you and your family esp your Dad. It will be hard and the loneliness will seem unbearable but I pray that God will wrap his loving arms around your entire family and give you peace and comfort .....

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Oh, Creek, I am just so sorry that your Mom didn't make it! She sure tried her best to be there for your DD and all of you, didn't she? This will be so very hard for all of you, especially your DD since he was so dependent on her. Know you are facing some difficult days ahead and will sure keep you in my thoughts and prayers too. Please make sure you eat well, and talk to the doctor about something to help you through these rough days. If you need to vent, I'm a good listener. My email address is listed on "my page". God bless you and all your family. Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

So sad to read your Dear Mother has went to be with her Savior. Losing a close family member is one of the hardest things in our lives. Will keep all of you in my prayers.

Sharing Your Sorrow & Sending My Love,

Punk

• User
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry. Saying a pray for you and your family.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Creek, it was heartwrenching to hear you lost your Mom. I am so very sorry. I know it is hard to believe now, when the pain of saying good-bye is still so fresh, but you won't be living the rest of your life without your mom. She is with you now and she will be with you every day. You may not be able to pick up the phone and call her, but you can still talk to her. And she will respond in ways that you will recognize. There will be many times, from today forward, that little things will happen -- perhaps a song that you and she loved will play on the radio, or her favorite flower will appear out of nowhere, or you will see something that symbolizes your mom in an odd place -- and you will know your mom is with right there beside you, looking out for you, talking to you.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. You are facing such a hard time with your dear Daddy and am sending extra prayers for him. Please try to let us know how you are doing whenever you can. We will be here for you if you need some extra shoulders to lean on.

hugs from the heart,
    Karen

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Creek,
    My deepest sympathies on your loss. It is so difficult to lose a loved one, especially when it is so unexpected.

It is so wonderful that you have your faith to know that you will see her again and in a glorious place!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this difficult time. I know it will be doubly difficult with your Dad, but you can always talk to the wonderful group here and while you won't get the support in person, you will certainly receive it in everyone's responses.

Please know our hearts go out to you and your family and may your memories continue to keep your mother alive in your life and as Karen said, there will be moments where you know she is watching over you.

T & P & Hugs,
    Candy

Sponsored
More Discussions