Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Gold & Black New Year's Eve Table

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

I decided to do a black and gold table so that I could use my "Golden Hour" art deco clock. DS gave me the frame which is vintage art deco too, I copied a postcard to put in it. The vase is from the 50's and my DB sent me the gold dipped rose one Christmas. I got the little New Year's man figurine years ago at a flea market and the gold baby was a gift when DS was born 32 years ago, I still have the little engraving that goes on it. They don't show up very well but the dessert plates have gold swirls, I got 16 of them at estate sale with 16 gold forks, which I could not find this morning anywhere. I didn't have any champagne flutes, but aren't these shorter ones used for that, they are from the 30,s. I got a tri-pod for Christmas and a new lap-top and it sure makes posting a lot more fun and my pix a whole lot better. Happy New Year!

Frou

Photobucket">

Comments (11)

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Frou, What a strikingly beautiful, elegant table!!! That clock is really special and just the right touch. Love the little man and the gold baby is a perfect keepsake! I'm sure I missed some things, but I'll be back later to look at it again!
    Happy New Year!
    NanaK

• nancyjeanmc
    13 years ago

Grrr...I threw out a broken clock that would have been perfect for a New Year's table. Love yours. Time (no pun intendedthrough>) to look for a "new" old one.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Very nice Frou, and I loved hearing how you had come by each item too. The swirl pattern on the plates is great, I like those, and the clock, picture frame and vase make a perfect centerpiece with the paper shred tying them all together. The addition of the gold coins for luck is great too. Good job! Luvs

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Love how you pulled so many elements together into a perfect place setting. The clock is perfect and I love those plates with the black trim. I have been looking at them for the past month - they look like they would be very versatile in a lot of different settings. Yep, I am learning to look at every dish in a different light thanks to you gals and envision how it can be intragrated into different seasons lol TFS .....

Lynne

• bonnieann925
    13 years ago

Those black swirl plates are gorgeous...so elegant. The black tablecloth really gives it such drama. Enjoy your special dinner! Happy New Year.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Frou...Simply Elegant and So Lovely..All Of It!
    The Clock is just a stunning addition to everything.
    Your dishes are just perfect for this setting and I love the Vintage frame with the Postcard. I just love how you
    designed this table from all that you had..you did a wonderful job, and it's very inspiring.

jane

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

The clock was a great starting point. Lovely table, enjoy your evening!

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Y'all are too kind with your sweet comments. I think we are actually eating there tonight, sometimes my tablescapes are just for fun. Lynne, those black swirl dishes came from the Dollar Tree, they are out at mine now. They do still have them in red though.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Frou, this is a beautiful table. I love how you used your clock. Everything is perfect. We don't use our table very often either but it's always set. Your pictures are wonderful and hope to see lots more.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

frou...this is so pretty! As others have said, love those swirly plates...& the see-thru clock set near midnight! What a great centerpc! The shredded poporri is a wonderful idea ...like a confetti of sorts!! ...and the swirly candles & gold coins are so frou-frou! So cool to have your son's birth gold baby & combining it with NY man figurine. Love the framed postcard print, too!

Everything shouts, "Happy New Year!" TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I'm late to the party....but definitely agree with what the others have said. I especially enjoy hearing the story behind the pieces used. That's almost as good as getting to see the photos.

I hope the New Year treats you good, and you continue to treat us to your wonderful decorating.
    hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions