Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosessecretgarden_gw

your plans for Christmas!

rosessecretgarden
13 years ago

hi all!

What are your plans for this Christmas?? anything special? something you want to share here?

Comments (11)

• bonnieann925
    13 years ago

We're going to my MIL's for Christmas Eve, where we will feast on a buffet of Polish foods. Then we come home (1.5 hour drive) and crash. The next day, we sleep in (some go to Christmas Mass). When we get up, we sip champagne mimosas while munching on a carmelized French toast casserole during the gift opening. That's been the tradition for many years.

Later in the day, we have Christmas dinner, which typically is either a rib roast or a honey baked ham. We lounge around all day and it's wonderful!

Next...........

• leveta
    13 years ago

I don't even know this yr. Usually on christmas eve mom cooks shrimp and fries oysters for DH and BIL and my dad when he was alive. Now BIL is in bad shape and dad is gone. It may just the 3 of us this yr. We have cheese cubes and finger foods. Then we open our gifts...Don't know if GK's will be here then or the next day...

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

My 3 grown kids (and eight grandkids, 6 to 25 yrs old) all live here in Phoenix. Every Christmas Eve we get together at my daughter's home for a big buffet and open our presents. My favorite night of the year ;o)
    Christmas morning is just for each of our kids own family time with their children. Then we have Christmas dinner at my youngest son's home.

I get off easy, I just have to show up and enjoy myself.
    hugs, Karen

• rosessecretgarden
    Original Author
    13 years ago

woowww YUMMY plans i must say.. enjoy at your full, after all it comes after the WHOLEE BIG year :)

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Well, we have already started with DH's Sunday school Christmas luncheon yesterday. The 19th, we will have all of DH's family for the afternoon and evening..
    My group will all gather on the afternoon of the 25th....all of this at our house.
    In between we have DH's birthday this week, choir Christmas dinner on the 18th (it is a dress rehersal too...heh-heh they have to "sing for their supper") Christmas cantata and lunch at church on the 19th (I am a church music director), Christmas Eve candlelight service on the 24th, steak for two :^) for lunch on the 25th and finish it all up with my birthday on the 31st! Whew...I'm tired just looking at the list!! and yes Rose, it does come after a BIG BLESSED year!!
    Thanks for asking.....

• declansmom
    13 years ago

This year will be very special for us. Even though I always spend Christmas Eve with my siblings and our families, we have the opportunity to fly out to Oregon to be with 2 of our sons that live out there.
    Our son rented a cabin in the mountains, and my husband, our 3 sons and my future daughter-in-law and I will be spending 5 days together hiking, cooking, baking, reading, snowshoeing and just having a lot of fun family time together. We are all very excited!!!!
    I hope everyone has a wonderful and happy holiday!

• susieq07
    13 years ago

Christmas evening, we have tickets for the theater, a big dinner theater in a neighboring city, it is a live Christmas production of " A Holly Jolly Christmas" after the fantastic Buffet, they have always..Woohoo no cooking for me!

• xantippe
    13 years ago

We moved to Oregon 10 years ago, and have never, ever spent Christmas here. But this spring, my folks moved out here, so we get to spend Christmas at home! I am so excited. We got a full-size tree (didn't bother before because we weren't going to be there), and went all-out with the decor around the house. We're also starting some new traditions: Christmas Eve cocktails at our house, and Christmas Day breakfast at my parents' house.

Hope you enjoy Oregon, declansmom.

• declansmom
    13 years ago

Thanks,xantippe!
    We love Oregon. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth and we are so incredibly excited to be spending it out there! Have a wonderful holiday with your family!

• blizlady
    13 years ago

I think we may have to start some new traditions this year. In years past, we would have Christmas Eve at my mom's house with a huge assortment of appetizers and always shrimp pasta salad. We would have Christmas morning brunch at my house after gifts were opened, and my son always played Santa Claus.

But with the passing of both my mom and son, plus our oldest granddaughter has to be with her dad until 10:30 this Christmas morning, we will open gifts Christmas morning at my house after 10:30 and then my sister-in-law plans to do a brunch at her house. It will be nice having my brother and SIL home for the holidays because they were always with her family in Nebraska. My daughter and younger granddaughter live with us now, so there is a lot of fun and fantasy because DGD is only 5 years old. She keeps us young!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Blizlady, I am so sorry to hear of the loss ob both your mom and son. Heart-wrenching. The holidays can be so hard when loved ones leave us, but it was wonderful to hear you are starting new traditions and have that little 5 yr old "earth angel" to make Christmas time bright and merry for all. She is a blessing for sure.

hugs, Karen