Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beef Chianti Recipe

Posted by bonnieann925 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 31, 10 at 8:28

I posted it under my turnaround post, but thought it would catch your eye better here:

BEEF CHIANTI
2 T oil
2 gloves chopped garlic
2 lbs. beef cubed for stew
2 T flour
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cans (8 oz) tomato sauce
2 cups Chianti wine
2 cups water
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves, crushed (we omit)
pinch crushed red pepper
1 bay leaf
8 small white onions, peeled (we quater a couple of onions)
4 carrots, cut crosswise (we add more)
4 medium potatoes, cut in large dice

Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and meat and brown. Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper. Transfer meat to 3 qt. casserole (we double it and use 2 casseroles). Add tomato sauce, wine and water to skillet and heat and scrape brown crust from skillet. Add seasonings and pour over beef in caserole. Add vegetables. Cover and bake in a 300 degree oven for 2 hours or until beef is tender.

One batch makes 4-6 servings
From Fondue, Chafing Dish and Casserole Cookery by Margaret Murphy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beef Chianti Recipe

You're the best. Thank you! I love having a new thing to serve, and serve it I will ... tomorrow.

o

Sounds delish, I'm passing this recipe on to DH, he loves trying new recipes, Happy New Year!
Frou

o

Tucking this recipe into notepad - it will be a January meal that is for sure - Thanks .....

Lynne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here