Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Christmas Family Room

christmascandy
11 years ago

My Mom came over and helped with the 9' tree in the family room, and 6 hours later....

Since most of the ornaments on this tree plug into light strands it takes a lot of work. Also, the tree has to be put together branch by branch and it has over a hundred individual branches.....well, I'm sure glad my Mom helps!!

Top of the entertainment center with the nativity set I made in 1975 and vignette with a large Bible I found at a TS this past summer for less than $2.

The rt side of the mantel with a lighted green ornament I found at GW for $1.49 and a large green tinsel tree from ARC.

The bottom of the ent. ctr with Hallmark houses I have been collecting for many years:

The lt. side of the ent. ctr. has Polar Express items on the middle shelf: the bell, a sleigh/santa ornament, a snow globe with the tree scene, and a Polar Express Believe plate from the TS.

I'll post more later,

Candy

Comments (9)

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Candy, Your tree is fantastic. I'm glad your Mom could help you with it!
    I have a large one that has to be put together branch by branch too.
    It's a beautiful tree, but it's just too much work for me anymore.
    Your vignette with the Nativity and the Bible is lovely,
    and the village houses look so nice with the other pieces in your entertainment center.
    Can't wait to see what's next.
    Nana

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Wow! I see you have a train to travel around the tree, too. I wish there was some way to zoom into pictures to see the detail. I know I can enlarge them, but that doesn't really help much. I'd love to zoom into the tree and look at each of the ornaments.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Wow, Candy ..you sure make use of the nooks & crannies in that entertainment center! Love that!!! Always enjoy seeing your beautiful ceramic nativity set you made so long ago...the 'royal' colors are beautiful! Love the Bible opened up to the 'birth of Jesus' story, I am sure.

The tree is just unbelievable ...those long hours certainly pd off ...& how wonderful that your Mom & you could share that time tog. It is GORGEOUS!

I've seen alot of those sparkly cone trees shoppping lately...that tall green one looks great by your fireplace along w/the big lighted ornament! TFS, candy! Jeanne s.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Ohhh...& I love the book 'Polar Express' ...so that's so cool you have some ornaments! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Really pretty tree, you and your Mom did a great job on it. Love your collection of houses too, nice way to display them and keep them safe too. Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Beautiful tree!! Your mantel decorations are so nice! Love all of your collectibles and your handmade Nativity is gorgeous!

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

Those giant ornaments hanging from the mantel were less than $2???? You lucky duck.
    I bet you spent lots of time on that tree. It's wonderfully old fashion.
    Love the cabinet. Repro or antique? Please don't say it belonged to your long lost auntie.

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!!

I also love to get great finds at G'will and thrift stores.

It all looks wonderful.

TFS,
    Ggail

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, your family room looks wonderful all
    decorated for the Holidays. I love it that
    you found a lg bible and decorated around
    it. One of my brothers ended up with our
    lg family bible.

I laughed when I seen your lighted green
    ornament. I have at least two of them and
    also some red ones I've had for years. I
    also have alot of the Polar Express items.
    Great minds do think alike!

So glad to hear DM helped you decorate.
    Your tree, mantel and cabinet are beautiful.

Punk

Sponsored
More Discussions