Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Christmas Tree obsession

Purplemoon
10 years ago

I watched HGTV's My Crazy Obsession Sat. night. The first show was on a lady who LOVES Christmas trees. She has 168 trees, 6" to 12 ft ! and each with a different style or 'theme'. She has over 50,000 ornaments!! And starts decorating Oct 1st. as it takes her 2 months to do them all. There are trees in every room, including the laundry room and the garage! She said only the closets don't have trees in them! And she loses 2/3rd of her house's space to the decorating!
Holy cow!

(her husband looked and sounded incredibly patient, tho he commented he wished one year they could spend the money on a vacation instead.
:o)

Comments (9)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Oh my!!
    Nana

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

I'm thinking that might be over kill w/trees and ornies but I would love to see them! I hope someone puts me away before I
    get that obsessed. After all that I think a vacation should be
    mandatory.LOL

Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Whoa! That's alot of trees, ornies & decorating time! I'm w/the hubby ... vacation time! LOL! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Acutally her house looked kind of neat, tho it was like a forest of Christmas trees in some rooms. LOL. She decorated them beautifully.
    HGTV will probably repeat the show if you check listings.

I can't imagine packing and unpacking 50,000 ornaments......good grief.
    :o)

• dorothy_oahu
    10 years ago

I watched that show, I thought I was bad. LOL But I have a modest collection compared to her. Watching it I became obsessed with the tree that had that _ I guess it was LED icicles. The light swooped down about half of her tree and then had a big twinkle on the end. I want that!

I finally got my tree out of the shed today and it is up and fluffed out and the lights are working. My DD helped me. I am getting too old and weak to get it out and up, (72) She thinks we don't need to decorate anymore but I NEED it.

Thlis was before I got my cat. I've had a lot of cats but this is the only who insisted getting into the tree.

How I got a slim tree and he can't get in it.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dorothy, hi and welcome! Your tree is really lovely, and your collections of angels !! I'm so glad you decorated, and I understand the 'needing' part all too well. (I'm close to 67 and some things just mean more now than when I was younger) I hope your DD is glad you decorated after all.

I have a Brat Cat too and I'm sure he'd love a big tree. but he's not getting one. LOL.

Please post more with us. I really enjoyed seeing your tree and the wonderful decorations.
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Wow, Dorthy ...ribbons & angels & looks like a magnificient Nativity by your tree! I am happy to hear you got the 'slim tree' up this yr even if it takes some help...I hear ya! ;-) Jeanne S.

• amber2321
    10 years ago

Oh man, and all I have is a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Waiting until after Christmas to buy a good tree for next year.

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Wow Karen...I couldn't imagine decorating so many
    trees and then having to put it all away...
    I would think having so many
    trees all over, after awhile you wouldn't even see them. I know one thing for sure, if she had to move..then she'd be pulling her hair out...what to take and what to eliminate! More power to her !! LOL
    Welcome Dorothy...I agree both your tree and angel collections are lovley . I think when it comes to decorating if - 'you're the decorator' of the house
    most of the time it makes 'Us' happy...sometimes others
    see it as a chore. I'm glad you did your decorating and YOU are enjoying it.
    Look forward to seeing more of you here.
    jane

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions