Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
idea to holiday candles

Posted by purplemoon (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 7, 11 at 2:29

Use double-sided tape and then add glitter...easy idea to fancy up plain candles for holidays!

Glitter candles with double sided tape

hugs, Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: idea to holiday candles

Well isn't that a pretty idea to fancy up some candles. Would be so quick to do! Thanks for sharing. Now I need to find an extra minute and try this.

Punk

o

Great idea! That would pretty much work on anything you wanted to add glitter to. When done, just pull off the tape. Great temp solution.

o

Great idea, PM!

But oohhhhh...I feel like a Mr. Grinch in regard to crafting with~~~~GLITTER! "Mr. Grinch...I wouldn't touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole." (glitter, that is!) LOL!
Grinch Is Back 12.11

TFS, purplemoon! The candle is a cool idea! ;-) Jeanne S.

o

I love this idea and going to do it not only on a couple of candles but some ornaments as well. I want to stripe some large Christmas balls and this gives such a nice clean line rather than trying to do them by hand .....

Lynne

o

Cool Idea, but I don't dare start another project
NANA

o

Very smart idea....wonder why I never thought of that? TFS~

o

I might have thought about using glitter paint but the two sided tape is a much neater idea. TFS.

Luvs

o

I like this idea with ornament balls....hair spray and epsom salts! If you don't get enough coverage the first time, just repeat till you do!

Frosted ornaments, Hair spray and epsom salts, repeat as necessary.

I'm saving craft ideas from Pinterest site. Someday I might even get a few done. LOL.
hugs, Karen

o

Hair spray & epsom salts...cool!!! Looks icy!

I hope you LOL w/me about 'glitter' ...can you tell that I did crafts w/kids for some yrs as a librarian! LOL! That's why I cring when I use Glitter! Jeanne S.

o

I'm LOLing at you Jeanne. I never used glitter so never made a mess. ;o) But I read about the idea of putting it in salt shakers (gal had a collection of pretty, clear, vintage ones so she actually displayed her glitter in her craft room). I think I could manage it in a shaker like that. Tho I cringe at help from Jazz. LOL. He'd look like your kitty above, only in orange instead of pink!

hugs, Karen

o
and one more idea

Krylon Mirror Glass Spray on old-cheap ornaments to give them a look like mercury glass.

Krylon mirror glass spray on old-cheap ornaments

o

These are all great ideas...thanks for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here