Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIY napkin rings

Posted by swest2 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 12, 13 at 2:19

I wanted plaid napkin rings but did not want to pay a hefty price. So, I bought four napkin rings for $1 at a TS. I used a plaid napkin to cover them. I like the green plaid and they look good with my dishes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DIY napkin rings

What a simple solution to have pretty Christmas napkin rings. I really like the GREEN plaid a LOT. You sure have been a busy, crafty lil bee....
:o)

hugs, Karen

o

Good crafting, swest!

o

Those look terrific and very cost effective. Did your turn under the cut edges and glue the fabric down?

o

Covered the napkin ring with double- sided tape. Covered the napkin in clear tape, then cut along the grid, then laid the napkin on the double-sided tape. It was like contact paper. I never intended it to be permanent but I think it will last for a while, surprisingly.

o

Cool! Thanks for this great idea.

A person might be able to use this for any theme, especially one that you're not likely to do again (bon voyage party, school colors for graduation, etc.), so that you don't have to spend very much to enhance the theme.

Thanks for sharing this, Sweet2.

o

Great idea ... thought it was 'ribbon' when I first saw your pic...that would work, too. Love the 'plaids!' Jeanne S.

o

I think they look great! They look like expensive napkin rings and can be customized to match other elements of the table or occasion. Nice idea. TFS, Donna
I like the green plaid with the silver. They will be pretty on your Christmas table.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here