Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Villeroy and Boch Christmas Dinnerware

Posted by khinmn92 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 1, 11 at 2:13

Hi,
I'm new to this forum. I usually lurk on the Building a Home and Kitchens side of things...I just splurged and bought a set of Villeroy and Boch Toy's Fantasy/Delight dinnerware online. They just called out to me :)
Now I'm rethinking, and wondering about their durability! They are porcelain and have kind of "ruffled" edges and I'm thinking they might be very prone to chipping...Does anyone have this set? If so, what has been your experience?
TIA!
Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Villeroy and Boch Toy's Fantasy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Villeroy and Boch Christmas Dinnerware

Welcome Kim, I don't have any of these but I love them! Have you googled to see if you can get reviews on them? I use google every day and it's amazing what you can find on there. What a neat pattern. Please tell us more about yourself and this neat set of dishes you purchased.

Punk

o

I LOVE those!! I drool over the Christmas dishes and debate getting a set..never seem to find just the one I want. This would be a top contender!!

o

Welcome, Kim ...sorry I don't know of these dishes...but they sure are a cheery, festive set for the Holidays! Jeanne S.

o

Welcome! I don't have a set either, but they are beautiful! I would imagine that you'll need to be careful with them, but that said, they look very sturdy from the website.

o

I went to a Villeroy and Boch outlet one day and a woman was concerned about the dishes durability because she had young children...the saleslady took a plate off the shelf and dropped it on the floor, not a break,chip or crack, she said we do this all the time to show people how strong our china is...I think you'll be very pleased with your purchase.

o

Who would of thought you could drop china on the floor and not hurt it! Must be the best brand around. This is fantastic!

Punk

o

Kathie738p that makes me feel better! While I don't have young children anymore, my guys don't always handle things with kid gloves. Hopefully there will be grandkids at some point though!
I'm looking forward to receiving these and starting some new traditions :)
Happy Holidays!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here