Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowman shutter

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 5, 08 at 2:00

Can't remember if I posted this here, I know I put it on the Painting forum. I added a little greenery and a red bird at the top, and set him by our front door. Hopefully Photobucket will work right so you can click on the pic to enlarge it. This was just an old shutter my neighbor had given me a couple years ago. Decided I should do something with it. Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowman shutter

How cute and creative. I love snowmen.

o

I Luvs it. Last year, I had a snowman theme and I would have paid big bucks for your shutter. You're very talented.

Mary

o

Very, very nice. I love how you know how to edge things (I'm sure there's a more technical term than "edge things") to give him a bit of a 3-D look.
Now, when can I drop by for lessons????
OA

o

I want one to go with the snowman tree!!!!! Love it! Alex

o

You are a very talented lady! I can't even draw a straight line. I love the greenery and bird at the top. Every detail is perfect. Just beautiful and such a nice touch at your entry.

o

Luvs, Your Snowman Shutter is so cute. And I love the added greenery and little red bird at the top. You are such a talented painter and always have such wonderful ideas. Now I'll be on the look out for a shutter to copy yours.

o

Luvs, thats so adorable. The greenery is the perfect touch to it too!! Do you sell your work btw? You have a great talent!

Mo

o

I'm with Sandi, you are such a talented artist and also have the neatest ideas. Just when I think your garden signs are the cutest things ever, you go and do something with a holiday theme that blows me away. I really love all the things you create.

hugs, Karen

o

It's darling!

o

Thanks for all your sweet comments ladies. It's so nice to be able to share my creations with all of you. I'm not talented like many of you with the ability to knit, crochet, sew, cook gourmet meals, or decorate like a pro, so my crafty painting is my creative outlet. He was fun to do, but I think I will like the smaller shutters better--this one is just too big.

OA, you're welcome to stop by, but I'm not a very good teacher I'm afraid. Not professional at all, just do what looks good to me. (The edging is called "shading", but edging explains it just fine!) ;o)

Luvs

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here