Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

More Christmas decor

luvstocraft
13 years ago

Here's a few more pictures of my Christmas decor:

End table in the living room. I'll post a close up too. I made the wording on the little red plate, and the santa/snowman ceramic piece was a TS find.

{{gwi:1456938}}

Here's the buffet and a couple of closeups too. Still needs a bit of tweaking.

{{gwi:1456940}}

{{gwi:1456941}}

{{gwi:1456942}}

Top of bookcase in the entryway. The houses reside there all year, just added some greenery and a couple little ceramic pieces.

{{gwi:1456943}}

Our coffeetable kept fairly simple since little GD loves to use this for our "teas". ;o)

{{gwi:1456945}}

Will stop for now and share pics from other parts of the house later.

Luvs

Comments (9)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That tall jar..WOW. I mean WOW!!!! And the vignette you did with it! Luv It.
    Everything looks wonderful. Your end table and buffet both are so appealing. The little ceramic Santa n Snowman, (with the cardinals!) is a terrific TS find. The plates you lettered add the perfect touch to your vignettes.

What is especially neat is how your rose plate collection works so well with the buffet Snowmen decor! I know you sometimes worry how to get the rose plates to blend in with some holiday decorating, but no problem here!

You've been a busy girl.
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Luvs, Just wonderful The lettering on the red plate is great.
    NanaKaren

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I see another "snowman" lover on here, luvs!!!
    My 1st thought in the 1st pic was how the red roses in the white rose vase with greenery looked so PERFECT in the vignette. I would not think of flowers ...& the that gorgeous vase mimics Santa's beard in the foregrd! Plus using the red berries & Happy Holiday plate just ties everything tog so well! Love it!

Looks very festive at your house & the snowmen have me smilin'! Yes, save space for "tea!" (or hot chocolate, please!) TFS, luvs! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, I was pleased with how well the buffet items went with my rose plate display too. The plates have various shades from pale pink to deep burgandy so I like them with this vignette. I found that little santa/snowman with cardinals piece at TS last year after Christmas maybe because this is the first time I remember using it. It is in excellent condition so was an exciting find!

Nana, it is so fun to be able to add some vinyl lettering to things like plates or the glass in frames. And you can easily remove it later if you want to. I have so many ideas for things I want to make--but my surface and wall space to use them is limited! LOL

Jeanne, I love roses and have them on the mantle and top of my hutch too. I think I stole that idea from seeing Judith's Christmas table one year with pretty red roses. They suit my love of roses and my sort of country/victorian decorating. Yes, I love snowmen and their cute little smiles. You may not remember, but my whole front window is a snowman display. I'll try to get a pic of it posted soon.

Luvs

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

oh I so love all the vignettes I am seeing - I am liking them more than an overall view of a room - they tell such a story all by themselves. Love how you rose plate collection fits right in. I will have to get pictures of mine in my bedroom - I am pleased how they fit right in with my bedroom decorations. I am getting more convinced everyday that I need to buy the house next door so I can have all the vignettes I want and still have a place to do the daily day to day living - you guys are so bad at 'enabling' - lol .....

Lynne

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Luvs, that black lettering on the red plates is a show stopper. I like the whole red and black table vignette. All you decs are sweet especially the coffee shop house.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Luvs, so glad you got your Christmas decorting done. It all looks lovely. Your little red plate is perfect with the Nerry Christmas on it.

Punk

• yachter123
    13 years ago

The end table vignette is so cute, I am loving the way you took simple red plates & made them holiday. What did you do, did you paint the lettering on them?

The santa plate in the background goes very well with it too, since Santa is dressed in his red & black checked robe.

Your buffet is also so cute & the red plate ties it in with the end table. Never saw a wreath stand, that is so cool to have a wreath on there like that too.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yachter, the lettering on the red plates on both the end table and the buffet were done with the Cricut and some vinyl. (did you know Contact paper is vinyl? You can use it for things like this that are just for decor. Much less expensive than regular vinyl. The Merry Christmas frame with the snowflakes on the mantle were done the same way.) The wreath stand was a craft show purchase a couple years ago, I usually have it on the hearth.

Frou, I love that little coffee shop house too. Lots of nice details on it. I have a sweet little church too, will have to get pics taken of it. It was a find the time I got to go shopping with our Miss Karen.

Punk, I'm glad I got it all done too. There for awhile I was sort of thinking maybe I wouldn't do it at all--but gave myself a good talking to and got moving! LOL

Lynne, I'd love to see a pic of your plates. I just love seeing plates with pretty roses. I have a few of different sizes that I'm thinking about putting in my bedroom too--but they don't all have matching colors like these do. Hope they will work okay so I can have them out where I can enjoy their beauty. Boy, we are good enablers on here, can't believe we've inspired you to buy a whole 'nother house! LOL

Luvs

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH
More Discussions