Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Christmas Decor #2

phonegirl
12 years ago

This is the other side of the dining room and kitchen. Just a few shots of the serving cart, DM's china cabinet, TJ and my woodsy santas. The gingers, nativity are some of my counter displays. The white santa sits on the fridge every year.

I picked up most of my new things at ys and after Christmas sales last year. Amazing how much one buys when the prices are so cheap.

Punk

Comments (11)

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

Pretty pretty pretty!
    You have sooo many neat things and always manage to group them in perfect little vignettes.
    Job well done indeed!!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Ho! Ho! Ho! That big white Santa up on top of the fridge just greeted me! LOL! He's a cutie!

Your nativity set is wonderful ...like the additions in the bkgrd w/apothecary jars of golds...pretty.

You are definitely all 'decked out' w/Christmas Spirit! TJ's angel sure is cute on her t'scape! I'm glad you have a pretty cabinet to display your Mom's china...beautiful corner cabinet! It's always so pretty on your t'scapes!

Well, punk, I'd say for a workin' woman that you're way ahead of the game! WOW! Your home is lookin' very cheery & bright! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Whoa!~ You have been busy!! Love the white and gold nativity! And you Santas, trees, etc. Love it all!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

MM, I'm glad the pictures finally came through for you. Alot of my decor was from DM which reminds me I have a set of her ceramic candles I need to go bring out this year. I use to help her decorate every year.

Jeanne, Dad had this corner cabinet custom made for DM. I think it's white birch. I keep her set of Tea Rose Pfaltzgraff dinnerware, access. and glasees in it as that's where she always stored them.

Things are looking a bit Merry here and I enjoy having a brighter home most of the time. The hard part about Christmas is moving everything to dust!LOL

Marlene, glad you enjoyed all my decor. So are you setting the table yet? I'm ready to see all of your beautiful dishes again.

Thanks alot ladies for all your sweet comments.

Punk

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Punk, you do such an amazing job of decorating!! The icy looking buffet, the cute plaid table, all of your hutches!! You have such a great sized dining room to be able to house all of those!
    I do have to say that I'm a bit surprised that TJ doesn't have an outfit to match the tablecloth, LOL!!

Every vignette is so well planned and the pieces all coordinate wonderfully. You really have an eye for decorating!

The white fridge Santa is especially nice and I love how you have the star in the apothecary behind that gorgeous nativity!

You should send me those cute peppermint candy candle holders just as soon as you are done with them, TeeHee!

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I agree, that white Santa on the fridge is really an attention grabber! He's beautiful.
    Everything looks so cheery and nice! I can't believe all you've gotten done with your hectic work schedule. Don't you ever sleep? :o)

I had to laugh at your last statement...under the Santa photo...
    "Amazing how much one buys when the prices are so cheap."
    LOL, truer words were never spoken!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Beautifully done. Everything looks so warm and cheerful. The nativity figures are gorgeous. Santa sitting on the frig is my favorite tho. I really, really love Santas.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Candy, I bought those candy ornaments to use as knife rests on one of my tables. Thought they might be cute for a change. What do you think? I was hoping to find some swirled plates but so far none that I like. If you have a Shopko close by you might check and see if they have those oranaments.

Karen, I've had the wht santa and sleigh for years but still enjoy it. I wish you could of seen all the ornaments I took up to DGD today for her tree. That would explain my last statement. I've hit 90% off and that kills me not to buy everything I like.LOL If I go help DGD decorate her tree tomorrow, I'll try to get some pictures and share.

Nana, I love santas too and have several but most aren't as big as that one. Thank goodness. I need a stable for my nativity. Maybe I should ask DH to build me one tomorrow. What's a honey for.haha

Thanks for all your sweet comments. I plan to keep tweaking as I go through more totes so may share more.

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

I'm another 'White Santa' admirer - He's a showpiece for sure!
    Beautiful Nativity and I love how you filled those large jars behind it. Cute vignettes on your counter.. Those Gingerbread Mugs are cute...they look Vintage..also your Mr & Mrs S Claus. I love that 'woodsy' tree with the little birdhouse and all your woodsy Santas.
    TJ seems to love being in the middle of all festivities!
    You've done quite a bit of decorating in such a short time...you must be running on one of those new Lithium battery packs!! lol
    I'm with you one taking advantage of buying things when the prices are cheap...even if you don't need it!! hehehe

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Punk, I've had a nativity similar to yours for several years, but also wanted a stable/manger for mine. A lady I know in Canada has a husband who builds furniture and she wanted a dog statue I was selling. So we did a trade!
    I'd looked at pictures of mangers on google and really liked this particular design, so I sent him the photo I'd found and gave him measurements I wanted. I am thrilled with finally having one for my figures. In years past, I could have done this myself, but sawing and sanding makes my right arm and shoulder hurt too much now. Not that I could have done as good a job as a professional, LOL.
    I hope your DH will make you one.

{{gwi:1456895}}

hugs, Karen

• calicocat1967
    12 years ago

Love the gingerbread items... I want to do that theme in my kitchen some year. Very festive. Good work.