Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

CC's Family Room

christmascandy
13 years ago

My largest tree is in the family room and has the majority of my Hallmark ornament collection. Many of them are the light and motion and have to plug into the light strings. This tree takes a whole day to put together and my DM comes over to help me.

I made this nativity set in 1975 and it is on top of my entertainment center.

I have quite a few of the Rodney and Rhonda reindeers in various sizes and they "hang out" on the ent. ctr.

I also have my collection of Hallmark houses set up in the bottom cabinet. The longstitch picture on top I made in the late 70's.

Close up

I found this golf shop building and it started my village many years ago.

On Divine Design a few years ago, they made a museum box to hold the family's village. It looked like a glass top coffee table to me so off to Sal. Arm. for a coffee table and it holds my village. My buildings have the lights inserted from the back of the building, so I plug them all in and then build a snow hill to cover up the cords and the buildings surround the hill. In addition to the golf shop, I have a Candy Store, a N. Rockwell Schoolhouse, a general store, a hotel, and a couple of victorian homes. They are the Christmas Village houses from Big Lots several years ago, exc. for the Rockwell schoolhouse.

The mantel with our golf theme stockings.

My corner cupboard has lots of different pieces and the bottom shelf has some of my smaller nutcrackers, including a matching pair of golfers.

This is the railing on the hall above the family room.

Looking down on the family room. I made the long drapes last winter. I need a tall ladder to place the garlands on the drapery rods!!

The window wreath lights up and has small nutcrackers decorating it. The gold metal tree has some of my Hallmark battery operated ornaments, and the green ornie is the .60c TS one that I showed last summer that lights up, the gingers march around the house, and it plays 25 different holiday songs.

This is our St. Andrews wall with a photo of us in front of the Old Course Clubhouse the night before we played it. The large frame has the map of the course, and the smaller frames have our souvenir brass scorecards from the day we played. We bought the old leather bag at a golf Expo and also some of the old clubs, but some of the old clubs were given to us. Of course I decorate the bag with an oversize candy cane, greenery, and a bow.

Need to get to...

Comments (6)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

need to get bed....I'd say so after seeing what all you've done. But since its 4 am here, I don't trust myself to do your photos justice as so much I want to comment on and to look at a few more times. So I'll catch up at a more reasonable time, LOL, and do things properly.
    But quickly I'll say that Nativity YOU made in '75 is simply wonderful.

More soon,
    hugs, Karen

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Your Hallmark ornament tree is lovely. And the little houses in the cabinet are really sweet.

Of course you'd have a candy shop in your regular village, LOL, that's a "must". So is the golf shop...boy, I can't believe I haven't found one of those. I hadn't even seen one before. Back to eBay hunting you Enabler!
    Putting the village under the glass in that table tho....LOVE the idea. Actually I remember that episode of Divine Design and loved it. I just haven't seen a table that I could do that with. I would love to find one tho.

The little corner cupboard is wonderful with all the different decorations. Of course the Nutcrackers caught my eye right away! But the variety of things you have there is such fun to see.
    The hall railing is very pretty, but need to see those big Nutcrackers from the front. LOL.
    I am NOT telling my DH you got to play St Andrews!! WOW, what a thrill that must have been for you two. The display you created from there is fantastic. I especially am taken with the golf bag decorated.
    Even tho I don't golf, with DH so obsessed with it, I like to have golf things around for him. (Not that Mr Oblivious really notices that stuff. I'd still like to do a small tree in a golf bag like you did for next year, if I can find an inexpensive bag to use.)

I'm sure I'll keep looking at ALL your photos you've posted over and over, to be sure I see it all. You definitely live up to your name! ;o)

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wow, Candy...your family room is really very festive! Your big tree is gorgeous & glad to hear DM helps with it. I am loving the idea of the glass covered table with your village...looks very cool. And your corner cupboard is very sweet with all those Christmas/Winter pcs! I am getting "nutcracker" fever...seeing all the wonderful displays on here...I only have 2 who reside under the Christmas tree.

I will also being going bk & looking more...you are having so much fun! My decor is completed...Christmas cards done today...now to wrap more presents...then I will share a pic of tree! TFS, candy! Loved the tour! Jeanne S.
    Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Candy, you have soooo much Christmas decor! It must take you days to remove your regular decor and arrange all of the Christmas items. Hopefully, you leave it up into January so you can really enjoy it.

Isn't it funny how just one piece can then lead to a whole collection? LOL That is neat that you have added some Christmas decor to the golf items. And I knew Karen would love seeing your nutcrackers. Thank goodness I haven't caught that "fever" yet! LOL

You do have some really tall windows, and hanging the garland there would be challenging. Sure a nice view from your landing above.

So are you "all done" so you can just enjoy all your "pretties" and the season? Thanks for sharing with us.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, I love your first picture. Everything looks so nicely decorated in this room. I really like the coffee table with the village and your corner cupboard is neat.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Love that table with your village!