Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

China Cabinets and Secretary Decorated for Christmas

phonegirl
11 years ago

I set our vintage china cabinet with a set of Fitz and Floyd w/cups and 2 other singles. Debbie Mum plates were used on the bottom shelf. The Christmas light plates in the shape of bulbs are from Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. Most of the pencil figurines I found at a ys and had forgot about them. I only had a few before. The plates they are on say Holidays and are from Pottery Barn. The crystal liquor decantors will be in there permanently.

Notice we have two new Taxi cabs in case that bus breaks down! Not sure why I love these little taxi cabs but I do. Oh maybe it's because gas prices are sooo high!haha

Hope this will inspire some to get those cabinets filled to enjoy.LOL Opps, I forgot I didn't add the garland to the top.

Punk

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Ok Lady, I have just totally run out of words on your decorating, and I know you're not done yet. The display in the 5th photo especially grabbed my attention!
    WOW and W O W !

If you go to bed, I might finally be caught up on all the posts now. LOL. I think I have one more post of yours left
    tonight!

hugs, Karen who's shaking her head in amazement at you

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Punk, Like Karen, I have run out of things to say!
    You are amazing and everything looks wonderful!!!
    Nana

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

Punk,

OMG!!!!
    I'm exhausted just looking at your photos.
    WOW!

I am so psyched.

It's neat how your pencil figures fit so nicely in the little spaces...great use of that space.

I need a nap just looking at the work you've done.

TFS,
    GGail

• lynnencfan
    11 years ago

it is so hard to comment on your pictures because I don't want to leave anything out so I will just say love-love-love!!!!! I will point out that I especially like the apothecary full of ornaments in the last picture. As always I can back and back looking at your pictures and see something new TFS .....

Lynne

• Oakley
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I'm a sucker for those trees you have on top of your cabinets. The more the merrier is what I say!

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

punk...wow! Love all the cone trees in, on top & among those beautiful F&F plates in your vintage cabinet! & the pencil 'characters' on the 2nd shelf is a cute idea! Last yr I got hooked on these 'pencils' & displayed them on that narrow mirror on table so I've collected a few, too! LOL!

Ohhh...I am just ooo-ing & aahhh-ing over the secretary/ decor! The pop of the 'lime green' color is unique! All the different ornaments & 'pretties' & the pockets decorated & the larger red & gold trees in front look great!

& I love the big covered glass jar w/colors & shapes & textured ornaments! 'Blues' look really good up there on that cabinet! You are very inspiring, punk...& it was way past your bedtime to go to work this morn when you posted this! ;-) Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Punk..your antique cabinet looks outstanding!
    Love your FF & Debbie Mum plates. They're beautiful.
    I got hooked collecting pencil
    Santas yrs ago and I see you have a nice
    collection too. I like how you mixed them in.
    I love...love how you decorated your new secretary.
    I'm actually seeing what a large piece it is and how it
    really shows off all your beautiful figurines so nicely.
    Seems like you've been working round the clock both at home and at work...
    I hope 'your boss'...doesn't catch you sleeping on the job!! lol
    jane

• rafor
    11 years ago

Love your decorated cabinets! Everything is so cheerful. Great job :)

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments.
    I love to decorate more than work but you know
    the rest of that story!LOL I sure enjoyed
    reading all your comments this morning. You've
    left me smiling. Thank you.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

"Lawd have mercy!" I have one question...what do you do with all of the other great stuff that you had in the cabinets BEFORE you decorate for Christmas??? So many wonderful things...I could spend forever just looking at everything. Coveting the Debbie Mum plates and that white sleigh is gorgeous! What a winner of a job!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Marlene, thanks. You are so funny. I don't have a clue where I put everything that was in the cabinets BEFORE I decorated for Christmas. All I can tell you is I have so many totes for each Holiday that they are in some of the orange ones out in the shed.LOL You are so sweet and thanks for the wonderful comments.

Punk

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions