Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

More Home Inside Holiday Decor ... Brrrr...it's so cold!

jeannespines
10 years ago

Well, I did work on the inside (heated) decor some more ... may not get much done outside ... it is so cold here in Iowa! Here's one more photo I wanted to share of the dining room table...that's my vine tree in the bkgrd & the buffet ... I Downstairs we have an electric fireplace...my hubby built the cabinet for it just a few yrs ago ... here's the top. Everything is thrift shop or flea market bargains EXCEPT for that bark tree ...that came from a very special friend here on the forum!

Don't ya love these deer & that tree! ;-)

Nearby on the wall is mounted an old wood mantle ... rough cut & has been in our house for 40 yrs ... the old wood fireplace is gone now ...but the mantle lives on ... this is a sweet Santa I found some yrs back & the pheasants are ceramic projects I made my hubby for Christmas back in the mid 70's ~~

Under the mantle on the floor is this painted snowman scene on a 'foot warmer' ... I bought it & love the lady's work! ... also here under the wreath is a gallon jug of 'bottle caps' & the bottle capper below that ... old goodies: (ohhh...that a Mason jar full of Apache Tears ....rocks when we visited AZ waaay back when!)

& here's Mr. & Mrs. Santa (plastic w/lights) ... old as the hills, too ...our adult kids look for these to be displayed in our home every yr. The ceramic tree is also one of my projects of the mide 70's:

Enough history, yet? Well, probably ... so one more .... as I say goodbye I could walk out this basement door...but it's too dang cold out there! A canvas painting ... I still see this in stores once in awhile now-a-days but this is at least 10 yrs. old. Ok, TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (11)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ohh brother... I lost some text here ...that last pic is from when we go back upstairs ... my dining room table ... vine tree & buffet in the bkgrd ... a small room but I sure enjoy it! The angel & the crocheted placemat are church garage sale finds a couple summers' ago ... the candle holder I bought new (love those little mercury holders & used a candle ring for some greenery. TFLooking, Holiday-ers! Jeanne S.

This post was edited by jeannespines on Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 1:27

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

So pretty Jeanne
    Love the vine tree with the Doves.
    The reindeer look so stately next to the tree.
    Mr. and Mrs Claus look adorable next to the ceramic tree,
    no wonder your family look for them when they come to visit.
    Nana

• party_music50
    10 years ago

Jeanne, the best decorations are all about the history, aren't they?! You have an amazing collection and it's ALL so beautiful!

I love the bark tree and deer!!! I've never seen anything like that and of course it gives me ideas about what to do with the birch bark I harvested last year. lol!

What an interesting basket for your canes and umbrellas... I wish you lived closer because I'd be over with my basket-making supplies and we'd have a blast! :)

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Amazing! As usual, it's all about warmth (even though it's freezing outside).

Those bark trees are PERFECT for you. Someone knows you too well.

Now, I must say something about Mr. And Mrs. Santa. Talk about Retro! Although the word "lovely" can be used to describe all the other displays in your home, it doesn't exactly fit the santas. Still, theyre family favorites. I love that. Antique and/or retro are my middle names. Love the plastic santas.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

The bark tree with the reindeer is lovely and the angel in the centerpiece is too sweet! I love seeing your pictures.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, 'Holiday-ers' ... tis the season, right ~~

party ... whoa, we could have fun w/your artistic basketweaving ...

OA ... I probably could be classified as 'retro' myself ... ;-) thanks ~~

nana & fun2B ... thank you ~~ enjoy your holidays!

The birds are flocking to the arbor today ... so cold ... here's a beautiful female Cardinal sitting out there this morning. ~~Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, beautiful display on your cabinet. Love your fancy deer with your birch tree. I knew it was you when I seen it. A basket with pinecones, lovely candle and lantern, under that neat picture.

I remember your pheasants you painted for DH. That little chubby santa cracks me up. I thought he had his mouth open when I first looked.

Apache Tears huh? U had me on that one! Love the old bottle caps in the jug and your pinecone wreath. I have a foot warmer messager under my feet right now but it's not as cute as your snowie.

MR & Mrs and your ceramic Christmas tree is a must to see every year!Yeah Your canvas painted snowman on the door is so neat. I've never seen them that I remember any how. Let's not go there.haha

Birds have come to enjoy your vine tree now!sigh Gorgeous scene behind your sweet little angel and votives. Oh, love your real female Cardinal picture. They are so Lucky to live at your home and so r we so you can share w/us.

Your home must be exploding w/decor!woot,woot It's been so fun coming here and seeing all the decor this year. I tried to post on this post last night and it wouldn't let me type. Had a tough time at first tonight too but I hung in there and showed it who's BOSS!haha

Punk

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Jeanne...LOVE it ALL!!
    Such beautiful 'oldies'..they are always the best for
    the wonderful memories they bring. Your lighted
    Mr & Mrs Clause and the ceramic tree is so nostalgic
    from the '70s.. I love the setting on your Mantel with
    the bark tree and the deer (which I have their clones) lol
    YOur table looks so lovely and of course the Vine tree
    decked out - love the doves you added.
    Every corner of your home is decorated so warm and
    inviting..makes you want to cozy up with a nice cup of cocoa while listening to Christmas Carols .
    jane

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

You were once in AZ and didn't find me? LOL. How neat you took home some Apache Tears. When we first moved here and I was learning about the various things native, I fell in love with those little rocks and the beautiful legend behind them. I have few somewhere around here myself, collected back in the 60's.

That chubby Santa cracks me up. He's too cute.

As always, your place just beckons with all the warmth and love your decor shows. I've found it so incredible over the years, how many very special OLD family things you have. And love hearing the stories and history that goes with them. Such treasures!! You always touch my heart with these.

hugs, Karen

• swest2_gw
    10 years ago

I also have those reindeer! Great minds think alike! Love the rustic/primitive/cabin-y décor. Very cozy and homey. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

SSSoooo warm and cozy looking! Love everything. I did ceramics back inthe 70's too. Made a pretty large tree it had holes in the end of branches and I had butterflies to put on it. I just moved to OK 6 mon ago and when I got out my Christmas stuff my tree was the only thing that was broken. I was just heart sick because it was going to be the main tree since I gave my big one away!! Oh well I sat down and had a good cry then put on my big girl panties and moved on!! thanks for letting me vent a little I'm ok now!!!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions