Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Christmas Dining Room

christmascandy
12 years ago

This is my hutch decorated for Christmas:

The little cabinet on the opposite wall has a Cracker Barrel platter from ARC for $3.99 and 3 purple and one pink candle for advent.

The dining room gets gold decor for one of the original gifts.

The chandy:

The Magi were from Unique TS 25% off = $14.99 for all 3. They were in the original box/packaging and are beautiful colors and detail. Each one actually holds a tea light candle.

The corner by the window:

The gold nativity on the tea cart with gold mesh fabric and clear lights underneath the fabric:

Looking into the dining room from the foyer:

I made the swag over the arched doorway many yrs ago.

time for bed,

Candy

Comments (12)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Will you PLEASE come do my chandelier! WOW..I love yours!

Everything is lovely, all the gold in your dining-room looks so elegant. The swag you made over the arch is very pretty! The little vignette by the corner window is adorable with the little wagons, better hide those from Jeanne! I remember your Magi from last year and couldn't over them or the price you paid! They have to be one of your best finds.

Glad you are up late, LOL. I like having company.
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, what a beautiful site to see! You have so many precious things displayed. Chandy turned out beautiful. If you have time after decorating Karens will you come and decorate mine too?

Glad to see you decorated your china cabinet. Your rose dishes are sooo pretty. Nice table setting and neat trees on the chairs. All your decor is just wonderful.

I couldn't sleep and now I know why after seeing your DR.LOL Must be time to get up and enjoy!

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Oh my gosh, Candy everything looks wonderful.
    Your china cabinet featuring those beautiful rose dishes is lovely.
    The chandy is so elegant. Did you stand on the table to decorate it?
    The Centerpiece on the table featuring the Magi is perfect.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh candy, I would love to see your DR in person! The pics are wonderful but in RL, everything must be so 'majestic!'...& as it should be...for the Magi & the 'reason for the season.' ;-)

Your hutch...changing it out for the holiday is a feat in itself ...I admire! The rose bowl & serving pcs are gorgeous...love all the 'gold' trimmings & the Christmas tree plates are wonderful mixed in!

The table looks rich w/all the gold accessories & that wonderful Magi set!...

Of course, I do LOVE the corner w/the loaded wagons, hanging wreaths & burlap covered Christmas tree! Plus that 3-tier bird metal 'thingy' that you've shared before..your Snowmen look happy there among your house plants!

The nativity set I remember & looks lovely on your teacart. TFS, candy ...you are ready for the big celebration, it seems! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

AAARRRGH! I was in the middle of a long response, and my laptop hiccupped...everything gone!!!

Karen, Sleeping is a challenge for me anymore. I was always a night owl, but could sleep once I went to bed. Now, not so much, : (

The dining room wise men are new this year, I think you remembered these from last yr:

I am very impressed that you remembered them. They were in a box from Sal Ar for less than $3.

Punk, rose dishes from HL clearance 80% off several yrs ago. Still looking for a second candlestick and sugar bowl lid at the TS's. I have found pieces in the past to match things I have so it could happen, LOL The Johnson Bros plate in the middle on the second shelf was a find when Kathe and I went shopping last year.

Nana, I stand on the chairs next to the table. It is extended with 3 leaves right there and I don't think it would hold me!!!

Jeanne, my youngest DD gave me the gold nativity several yrs ago. It came from one of her neighbors and she knew I would find a place for it. The gold fabric and clear underlights are an addition this year.

Thanks everybody. I'm making more cookies and candy today.
    Time to get in the kitchen, LOL

Thanks again,
    Candy

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

your dining room is so festive - love what you did to your chandaliers. I loved doing my diningroom in my home up in Delaware - I don't have one here and miss doing the elegant table and buffet and it would stay that way. My table gets used for everything now and centerpieces get lost in the rubble :D .....

Lynne

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOW! You've been busy! Love the chandy, the table, the hutch...well, heck I love it all! All of the gold is perfect. Your swag is very nice too! Great job!

• calicocat1967
    12 years ago

Incredible.....everything looks awesome. Your dining room is stunning, love it. I really love your hutch with your dishes. Just noticed the white trees on the chairs...love that idea too.

Thanks for sharing.
    Kim

• xAbbotMiller
    12 years ago

Personalized Christmas champagne bootles including engraved Christmas champagne bottles,Custom engraved champagne bottles are luxury and unique Christmas gift for your dinning room for celebration.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Personalized christmas gifts champagne

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Just Gorgeous, nuff said!!!! That cabinet with the rose dishes are the absolute best.

Creek

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

You have a wonderful way of putting things together Candy,and it all looks wonderful. But I have to tell you those pretty rose Christmas dishes really caught my attention! I've not seen rose Christmas dishes before--probably a good thing as I sure don't need more. That's what's so great about this forum, I can drool over everyone else's "pretties" and I don't have to try to figure out where to display or store them! LOL

Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lynne, did you move or are you a snowbird? Sorry that you don't have a special place anymore.

Marlene, I decorate everything! Now I have to hang things from the ceiling because every surface is covered, LOL.

Kim, those trees were from Doll. Tr. several years ago. I have also used them on a round table with a black tablecloth. I put the tops in the middle and then circle the trees and it makes a great and dramatic tablecover!!

Creek, since I was going to take pictures, it forced me to clean all the silver and dust inside the cabinet, LOL

Luvs, I have not seen any before or since. The greenery is what gives them the holiday aspect. I do enjoy others posts, but I have to say that sometimes it "inspires" me to go buy more, LOL

Thanks everybody,
    Candy