Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Our Christmas Tree

phonegirl
10 years ago

I took the first picture one morning when we had a little sun shining in. Didn't have the lights turned on
but love to see the sun any day right now. Decided to take more tonight and my camera battery went
dead right away. I will share more this weekendafter I get the battery charged and hopefully more finished.

Like Jeanne, I used some of my collections through the years to decorate beside the tree this year.
DD's Teddy Bear collection is still in the shed and I'm not sure it will make it in this year since I've
already brought in the snowmen. The snowman hanger on the china cabinet is DM's and I always
enjoy having it. When I set up my nativities it will come down.

Our old sled DH fixed so I could decorate it 9thanks to all of you)got to come in again this year
but I didn't add the skates to it yet. Last year Karen shared Teegan on hers so I sat TJ on this
and shared. Haven't had enough time to do things up to the max.

It is so nice to come home to the house all lit up. I always
enjoy this time of year.

Punk

Comments (16)

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Me too, punk ... I always enjoy this time of the yr & isn't it fun to bring out the 'memories' when decorating! Your tree is wonderful...all the ribbon....I love! & the sled ... TJ will love it! Very festive snowmen all around ... love snowmen...well, we have to love snowmen where we live, don't we! Cold & brrrrr here, too already!

You have a wood ceiling...so cool! Thought maybe you were sharing a 'candyshot' upside down @first! ;-) Not really! Love all the glitter & sparkle! (ohhh & the pkgs under the tree) TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Punk your tree is beautiful, I love the ribbon.
    Your old sled is the perfect addition!!
    Looking at your wonderful pictures are the push I needed
    to get myself in gear and get my tree up.
    I did my little Santa tree but it is a tabletop tree so It didn't take long. Next week I hope to start my village.
    Where does the time go?
    Nana

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Love your christmas tree and all the snowmen/santas you have around it! Very cute!

-SD

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! I love the ribbon and your spiral placement on the tree!

So glad to have a fellow "more is more" enthusiast here, LOL!

It is all looking very festive at your home! We both use our old sleds in our décor. Isn't it fun to use childhood items now and bring back the happy memories!

You are way ahead of me on the package wrapping. I am having trouble getting gift suggestions from my family, so still have some present shopping to come.

Love it all!!
    TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Whaaaaa.....although DD and the Gkids have lovely decorations all around...
    I'm missing all my Christmas treasures!!

But I'm glad I can come here and enjoy what you did too Punk ...I agree that
    it's so nice to come home to a decorated house.
    I smiled at your DM snowmen hanger..so special to enjoy and with all those sweet Snowmen..you have cheer all around. DH did a good job on the old sled and I like how you set it up with the snowmen...looks like they
    really are in the snow! The tree looks 'grand' with the
    beautiful ribbon..which must have taken some time to do..and I like how you added your collections all around...
    Look forward to seeing more when you get a chance to share..
    jane

• party_music50
    10 years ago

GORGEOUS tree, Punk! it reminds me of that old-fashioned ribbon candy. :) Love your collections, but especially love your snowmen around the decorated sled!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne, we have the knotty pine tung and groove in almost all of the rooms in our home. Guess it's the country in us.haha We are suppose to hit -25 tonight and it's been 40 years since we've had this kind of weather.

Nana, I made a Christmas curtain out of one of my tablecloths after reading you had Christmas curtains. I would love to try putting up DGD's village pieces I've bought through the years but I should be buying accessories to go with them probably.

Thanks SD

Candy, most of our gifts under the tree are for DGD. Our kids are not full of ideas either. I don't have a problem giving them money but I know DS will not be impressed. If they don't speak soon, that's pretty much what they'll get.

Oh Jane, I'll bet you are missing all your beautiful Christmas decor out this year. The ribbon is fast to put on. I just take a branch and wrap it around. Go down another 9-12" and do it again. Taking out my nicer ornaments out of each box is what takes the most time for me decorating the tree.

PM, it was funny this year. I picked up this new mesh ribbon at Costco and when I went to DD's to decorate she had bought some too. So I used pine garland and hers for her banister. Must b we have some of the same tastes.lol

Thanks for your sweet comments everyone. I had a method to my madness with using so many snowmen this year. Won't have to put them away right after Christmas!Yeah I will try to get more pictures and share this weekend.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Holy Purple Cow!!! That is one beautiful tree! WOW. Everything is beautiful. (only problem is, you and Candy and Seas have made me miss having a big tree in my house. STOP that! LOL) I love how you did the ribbon, all the snowmen, etc. Ditto on what the others all said, of course.

Yes, Teegan and my Xmas bears got to ride a little sleigh
    I have one year. (must've been a doll's, so small, from antique shop). Its in the storeroom, but now YOU make me want to go get it out and decorate with it. Thought I was done. LOL.

Everything is so beautiful, as always, and I can't wait to see more.
    I hear you on the money for gifts. My kids and grandkids are NO fun anymore. Every single one of them want gift cards instead of presents. Even the two youngest, 9 and 10. Darn it. Maybe my lousy ability to wrap pretty presents drove them all off. LOL.
    But I CAN buy presents for my great-grandson who is now HERE! He's 18 months old and will be fun to buy for. Best part I don't have to mail his to Ala. I can watch him open presents at my daughter's.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's another shot with lights. It has motion lights that won't show up in the pictures so this one doesn't do it justice. Have been busy taking pictures tonight again so I can share.

Punk

• decorcrzy
    10 years ago

Fabulous job on the mesh ribbon!! I purchased some a few years back at an after-Christmas sale and have always been afraid to use it. But, after this inspiration I might just dig it out of my drawer and get creative. Kudos!!

• tripletmom83
    10 years ago

Punk, I love your tree and all your collections. I like the way you used the mesh on the tree. I discovered deco mesh this year too and have become a little bit obsessed with it. I put gold in my tree, but I think next year I will get that red striped one that you used. It looks beautiful!! I'll have to write it down somewhere though, because I will never remember by next Christmas.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Decorcrzy for your sweet comments. It's so easy to work with. If you have any more questions, please ask.

Tripletmom, I have our archway decorated with the lime green mesh and really like it too. Our Costco only carries the red, red and white and green. Your gold sounds nice. Hope you will share pictures of your tree with us. Thanks for the sweet comments.

Hope both of you will continue to post with us. It's such a fun bunch here and we love to decorate. Only wish I had more time to do more.LOL

Punk

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karen, we must of been posting at the same time. Thanks for all the sweet comments. Isn't it funny how we inspire each other. I would love to see Teegan and your Xmas bears going for another sleigh ride this year.

So did you get your bathroom done? I thought about mine all day and never got up and started.LOL I even took a nap this morning. I think I'm trying to tell myself enough for this year.

We did get the office decorated Friday. I grabbed a couple of wrong totes but we used what we had. It was to cold to come back home for more. Get this, a blue tree with alot of pink and lime green. Who'd a thunk!LOL

Punk

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Little sleigh still in storage shed....but I did rest of my decor done, including Teegan. Will get photos posted
    tomorrow hopefully.

A blue tree with pink and lime....this I need to see. LOL

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Punk ,your blue tree with pink and lime sounds faulous.
    hope you can share pictures.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karen and Nana, I'll throw in my camera w//turquoise
    santa and head to the office to take pictures for you
    this morning. Be on the lookout for blue tree w/lime
    green and pink decorations.

Punk