Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Porch Decor, Woodland Style & Old Standby's

jeannespines
10 years ago

Warmed up here in Iowa today to the balmy mid 30's .... & sunshine ... so spent the afternoon working on the 3-season porch altho I did run the little electric fireplace a bit.

Here's the table centerpiece ... an old window, added some faux snow & a couple faux trees ~~ I love pine trees so I shop after Christmas in Jan to get the best deals! The Old World Santa was 'new' a couple yrs ago...the brass sleigh & reindeer & rocking horse were separate garage sale finds.

Added a beautiful ceiling glass globe ... I've ordered some faux tealight candles with TIMERS ... been looking for them forever! So I'll have some light under that globe:

Here's a closer view of a little Santa (after Christmas find) & the globe:

And the 'old standby'.. the ice skating rink ... galvanized tub, string of lights in the bottom, plexiglass circle covered w/blue Saran wrap & my collection of snowmen ... fun times! It's been around for some years now, hasn't it!

Here's a close-up:

...and here it is tonight all lit up:

My next 'Woodland vignette' became a pain! Do you ever 'lose' something? & you know you've seen it, but it's not there! Ok, I'll share in the comments. Jeanne S.

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I've always dreamed of having a 'log cabin' ...so this is as close as I've come ....

I hate when I lose something & this log cabin eluded me today! Had to go down to the garage & look thru all the totes again...yes, it was in the very LAST ONE!! & I was sure I had unpacked that tote along with MANY on the porch... the Woodland vignette:

Does that Santa look familiar to anyone? ~~giggle

...and here's a view with that 'Spring Wreath' moved over to this wall ... looks very Woodsy, I think! This spring wreath was gifted to me & I made the burlap bow & hung a blingy deer ornament in the middle. ;-)

I'm about half done out there...so if we have some more warmer days, I should get finished! TFLookin', Holiday-ers. Merry Christmas! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Jeanne, I love it all. I remember the skating snowmen, they look so cute sating in their 'pond'.
    Your log cabin vignette is so adorable. The guy sitting on the branch of the lamp is neat. I love the woodland Santa too.
    It was so much fun to visit your porch today!
    TFS
    Nana
    PS I'm still looking for things too. I'll probably find them in that safe place after Christmas

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

I don't remember the ice skating tub. Maybe I've been absent from the Forum longer than I realized. I LOVE the idea. Pretty darn cute.
    Did you have to order the plexiglass at a special place?

Also, I'm in love with the bed spring wreath. I sort of want to do a "Rusty Christmas" theme with left over piece of junk converted into Christmas decorations and softened with burlap fabric. I think I'll start collecting ideas now. Your wreath is the first to go into the digital scrapbook.

Everything looks so cozy, despite your cold weather.

Thanks for the heads-up concerning the bad link on my post. I don't know what is going on. So frustrating.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Your porch is one of my favorite places to see....and everything looks wonderful. Those first photos are like Christmas card scenes!

Your ice skaters are a delight each year, they always make me smile.

As for losing stuff.....all the time. sigh. At least you found your cabin before Christmas, instead of after when you were repacking stuff. :o)

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, nana, OA & PM ... do love the season!

OA ... my hubby cut out that piece of plexiglass ... I turned the tub upside down & drew a pattern & then he cut it just a bit smaller so that it would sit down inside the tub a bit. He also drilled a hole in bottom side for the electrical cord of mini lights (this was before the days of led lights). ;-)

Here's a close-up of the 'bed springs' wreath made by my friend, Nancy, another Iowa gal, for a gift. She said, "I just get the wire cutters and snip off a section, the curly wire is were I cut them apart." Pretty cool, uh...then I added that burlap bow & ornie. ~~Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

That wreath is just the neatest thing. I love it. And its so perfect for your decor. What a wonderful gift from your friend.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, this is wonderful to see this early am. Just love the way you put everything together. You've been the busiest little bee around this year making everything bright and cheery!Thank you

Punk

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Everything looks really good! The cooler full of snowmen is a really cute idea!

-SD

Sponsored
More Discussions