Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

last of the photos, 3 of family-room mantel

Purplemoon
12 years ago

Well I finally finished the darn mantel in the family-room. Took me long enough to get around to doing the garland this year. I think I am done, or I quit! Not sure which. LOL.

I have two small projects yet to do, and will take pix. A tiny table tree to decorate in "Dad's" room (now my sitting room.) And I want to wrap my dog painting in the entry hall like a big ol' present. Maybe tomorrow, or Friday for sure. Have errand to do tomorrow and that might be my "legs limit" for working. ;o)

Well darn, I just noticed my big white metal sleigh with the gold floral arrangement in it, IN the fireplace, is knocked over on its side. I wonder WHO did that???

{{gwi:1456491}}

Close-up of the Mark Roberts Fairy "Two Turtle Doves" that Jas and Suzie got me one year. (there is small M.R. fairy on my purple wreath I love too.) And those frosted deer came from some mail catalog, they are acrylic.

{{gwi:1456492}}

{{gwi:1456493}}

Hope I haven't put all of you into OVERLOAD with all the photos tonight.

hugs, Karen

Comments (9)

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Karen that big twisted ornament tree is so pretty--bet it takes some special wrapping to pack away safely tho. I can't believe you did all this decorating including the garland above the fireplace in spite of your legs giving you so much trouble. You are sure one determined decorator and it all turned out beautiful. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Luvs. I got that ornament 'tree' last year, from a catalog. It was only about $15, and it is lighted. I don't pack it. I put it on the top shelf of the big linen closet with my Santas. ;o)
    My legs definitely do not like me going up and down off the step-stool, but sometimes I need to win the battle with them. I give in too much as it is.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, PM...your mantle/fireplace vignette looks so wonderful! I am still lovin' that 'polar bear' ...he would go good w/my dishes (tee hee)...but I love all the bright & cheery colors that you use w/your nutcrackers, candleholders, cardinals, fairy, & everything! It is so festive for Christmas!

Pretty firebox display, too (even if it's tipped over)! LOL! Your trees & frosted deer looks great! (that frosted deer is like the one on my skating pond).

You'll never put me in overload w/pics...I love lookin' & sharin' & getting Holiday ideas! & I did notice that Kohl's had one of those 'rockin' nutcrackers' the other day while Christmas shopping...it's still there but I LOVE yours & punks! LOL! TFS, Karen...looks great! Jeanne S.

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

What every one else said and more.. I like the frosted tree with the dear. I am into trees, and that one would be right on my list.

Keeping going is what keeps us going, pain and all. I have the fibro too and IC. A great combo. HA HA HA And with the depression, I just feel no need at times...But, I have Daddy to keep me going, and no one can take care of him like me...LOL

Creek

Creek

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

PM - I don't think you could EVER overload us with too many pictures. Your mantle is so pretty - more inspiration for me and my mantle. My mind is all over the place with how to decorate it this weekend. I still want to empty my curio cabinet and get some of my village in it like you have - so many many ideas and so little time left thanks to 'Enablers-R-Us' - TFS .....

Lynne

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, you are sharing so many beautiful things here to see. Not sure I want to quit looking!LOL It's all gorgeous and so nice you shared some closeups.

Punk

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!!
    The twisted ornie tree would look perfect in my red and gold living room!
    We love looking at your decor and just marvel that you are able to do it all. Those athletes that "play through the pain" have nothing on you!!
    You definitely have True Grit.

Love it all.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all so much, you definitely make my decorating worth the 'work'.
    Candy, I think all of us with Fibro have learned we just have to keep going as Creek says. Quite a few of us here suffer from this, and I certainly don't feel I do near as much as the others. They amaze me with all they get done.

Jeanne, you definitely would LOVE that polar bear cub in real life. He's made where he looks like carved wood, I'm not real sure that he isn't. My DD found him a couple of years ago at a sale after Christmas and knew I'd love him.
    Polar Bears are a favorite of mine, such neat animals! Full of humor and playfulness.

Candy, since you play golf in N.Az occasionally, I'll tell my DD when she has to get rid of my Christmas stuff, you'll come pick it up and make sure its in good homes. Maybe Jane will bring the bus and help you do this. My DD would take all my Nutcrackers to GW in a heartbeat (she really doesn't like them at all. LOL. And if she inherits mine and her MIL's, she's going to need to buy two more houses to put everything in. Her hubby is already really worried about the possibilty of this. LOL)

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Did I hear someone call my name for the 'Holiday Bus' ??

I'm gradually getting back to seeing everyone's posts (having a ball over all the eye candy) and commenting...
    Karen...your mantel is so impressive!
    I love how you did the garland with the ornaments..of course your Nutcrackers are amazing! I can't believe your DD would not want them...but then again, when I see the amazing things people donate to GW...I guess it could happen! lol Great frosted onaments...I'd never think they were acrylic. When I first saw your ornament tree, I was going to ask 'how you did it'...then I read you bought it..
    That's another piece that makes a very impressive statement.
    I'm laughing over 'who could have knocked down your sleigh'...I don't think we have to guess twice!!
    BTW...I love the mirror over your mantel...it's gorgeous.
    Like everyone else, I love looking ALL the time at your decos..
    jane