Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Reversed the B & B sign!!

christmascandy
10 years ago

I took the Dead & Breakfast sign from Halloween, covered that side with a black plastic garbage bag and made the other side my Christmas B & B sign.

Halloween:

Christmas side:

I cheated on this side!! I found the letters on sale at Michaels for .19 ea, bought the green tree and the 2 glitter reindeer ornaments at Doll. Tree, $1 for tree and $1 for 2 reindeer. The glitter tree finials were also from Doll. Tree and I just slipped them over the actual finials and then wired them to the garland that I already had and just wrapped around the posts.

I had intended to make it say Santa's Village Inn, but the letters were too big, so it got shortened to Santaville, LOL.

Sure was a lot easier than the Halloween side as I just hot glued everything on after I painted the base white!

I got the sewing room decorated tonight while I watched "The Sound of Music." Just the angel room left to decorate!

Happy Holidays,
Candy

Comments (8)

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Sweet Christmas sign, Candy! Would never know it was the same sign if you hadn't told us. Love the posts with the gold trees and garland you added. And lights in front.Cool

Sounds like you are way ahead of me on decorating this year! Can I borrow your DM for a week?LOL So looking forward to seeing more of your decor.

Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

You are so 'smart' & creative! Very cute! Love those 19 cts letters!! Makes me smile! ~~Jeanne S

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Candy this is absolutely fantastic!!
    I love it. You are so talented.
    I'll be smiling all day just thinking about it.
    Oh, did I say I love it?!!!
    Nana

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Cute idea, love the font of the letters too!

-SD

• party_music50
    10 years ago

The sign is really cute and you did a great job, but aren't you afraid you'll have people knocking on your door to inquire about spending the night?! or do you actually run a B&B?!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everybody!!

Punk, my DM has asthma and she helps fluff the branches and then hands me the ornies to plug into the tree lights and takes the bulb. Even that much makes her wheeze, but we have fun as the Christmas music is playing while we are working and I have the fireplace on, so it is very Norman Rockwell!! LOL

Jeanne and Nana, it makes me smile putting out all of my décor!! I don't consider it work, I just say I am playing with my toys!

SD, I originally bought the letters to paint gold and use for the LOVE letters I used in the Home for the Holidays luncheon décor. Then I got the idea to use them for the B & B sign. I think it was Old Algebra or someone else here that gave me the idea to make it reversible.

PM, no, it is only a B & B for visiting family and DGK's, LOL.

I think anyone who drives by realizes it is just part of the décor. :)

Thanks, got to go finish the Angel room.
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Candy, I knew you'd find a way to reverse the sign and get double the decor out of that headboard. It turned out great for Xmas too. :o)

Its so sweet your Mom can help and not let the asthma stop her. A Norman Rockwell day sounds like heaven to me!

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Candy, I guess I need you to come help me then.haha It
    is wonderful that you and DM can spend a Norman Rockwell
    day together. As Karen said, sounds like heaven to me too. Treasure your time with her no matter what your doing together.

Punk

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm
More Discussions