Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

New Blue Christmas Tree Napkins

phonegirl
13 years ago

I loved Kathleen's napkins last year and told DD. I was thrilled when she showed up with this set for me. So I set a new table tonight so I could use them. I plan on going shopping tomorrow night and Sat. so know there won't be much play time this weekend.

I used my set of Susan Winget as the top plates. I love her dishes.

Added my Dillards santa. It's snowing here again so he may be the only one in bremuda shorts right now!

One of my F & F snowman plates.

Closeup of my napkins. I got company right after I started this table and didn't get my napkins placed before taking pictures.

Put silver ornies in my Princess House Crystal Tree for the centerpiece.

Nothing fancy but I love putting together new tables. Hope your ready for another one.

Punk

Comments (13)

• Oakley
    13 years ago

Very nice! Did you have to fold and iron the napkins yourself? I love the size of the center piece of the material...it's too big for a placemat and too small for a table topper. lol. What is it? I'd like to find something that size for my table.

• rafor
    13 years ago

Love the napkins. Anyone have directions on how to make them?

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

punk...I love the place settings you used here...am a fan of that combo of aqua blue with the dark blue like on the napkins...those are so cute...I don't recall seeing kathleen's. I have 1 of those Santa plates (w/cker'd border)...so detailed, beautiful! Love how you stacked the plates in each setting & the colors.

Your centerpc is too cute with that bermuda clad Santa! The tree filled with ornies, candlelight & Christmas
    sign & snowman plate work so well tog on that linen that matches your napkins. Enjoy your shopping trip...tis the season! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

The whole table is darling, but I love the napkins. I am putting them on my to do list. I think I have the instructions somewhere. I too love that aqua and blue combonation, it looks great with the silver.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Lovely colors on those napkins. That fold is so cute, I remember it from last year. The crystal tree makes a great centerpiece and of course, I like your Christmas plates. At first, I thought the cloth in the middle was another napkin, but it does look larger than a napkin. Sure makes a nice way to tie everything together. You did good,it's very pretty.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oakley, the napkins came folded and pressed. The center piece is 27.5". It's a square with each corner cut off to make this shape. Do you sew? If so I'm sure you could make one.

Rafor, as a matter of fact I do have the directions. Kathleen was sweet enough to include directions for us too. The napkins are a circle cut in half. You will have to cut and paste this. http://sandyquilts.blogspot.com/2008/12/tutorial-for-christmas-napkins.html

Jeanne, glad you like these colors. I did a little tweaking. I forgot the placemats so added them and shot a few more pics.

Frou, I hope you get some of these napkins made. I don't remember how to make a direct link but hope you can use this url if you can't find your instructions. Mine have one more fold than the pattern.

Luvs, The center is double material with padding in between so would be to heavy for a napkin.

Here's a close up of the plates and placemats I added.

Thanks for all your comments. DS is going shopping with us so we are waiting for him and then it's off a shopping we will go!

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Lovely combination Punk...I too like the blue w/silver & white..perfect for your plates and those pretty napkins.
    I remember Kathleen giving us a 'how to' on making those napkins.
    It's nice that your DD 'listens to what you say about likeing something..and remembers to get it too' ! lol
    jane

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Your table is so pretty. I love the blue. A nice change from the usual Christmas colors. Hope you have good luck with your shopping and find just what you want for everyone.

Enjoy!
    Marylee

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

The napkins are really neat, love how they are folded.
    Your "Margaritaville Santa" is delightful, LOL. And the Christmas plates.
    I know I've said it before, but your DD is so special. She really listens to what you like/want and gets great stuff for you.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jane, thanks so much and wouldn't want to be w/o DD ever. She is going to do some more Christmas shopping next week for me.

Marylee, I agree sometimes we need a color change and this is one of those. I've always like the color blue. It was a little difficult to decide what would go with those plates and napkins. I don't have as big of a selection as alot of the ladies on here but I'm giving it my best shot.haha

I didn't find evrything I wanted but plan on going online tomorrow and ordering some of the things I didn't find. Thanks for the comments.

Karen, the napkins do have an extra fold and I'm so glad I didn't have to press them myself. Maybe I shouldn't let anyone use them and they will stay nice.

Glad you liked the "Margaritaville Santa" and plates on this table. That DD is so amazing and I can always count on her. She does so much for everyone.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Very pretty table. Those napkins are cool.
    I like the tree filled with blue and silver ornaments,
    Santa sure looks like he's getting into the 'spirit' of the season lol.
    NanaKaren

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

NanaK, thanks for your comments on this table. I've been out trying to get all the lights plugged in today so all can enjoy. Wish it was nicer out but will have to do with alot less this year.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Late getting here due to the party preps last week. The napkins came out great! I had such good intentions of making more of them for this year, but it didn't happen.
    The table is adorable, Punk!

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions