Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

A Few Outside Christmas Decorations

kirkus
13 years ago

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to a VERY inspiring group of people!

Just wanted to share a few outside Christmas/Winter decorations...

Here's Bart all decked out for Christmas. The first picture was taken on Christmas Day. The second was taken today after yesteday's snow storm. I had to shovel him off to take this picture. :o)

{{gwi:198987}}

{{gwi:198988}}

Here are some poinsettia pinwheels I placed in front of a trellis I made from an old ladder...in spring, it has climbing roses all over it.

{{gwi:198990}}

{{gwi:198991}}

Here is a snowman birdfeeder I bought at a church rummage sale...

{{gwi:198989}}

Oh, I have to post pictures of our backyard after yesterday's snowfall. The second picture shows the fog rising from our creek, Bear Creek. The snow really is beautiful...AFTER I got us plowed out! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:198993}}

{{gwi:198994}}

Comments (16)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh My Kirk..You're Up In Heaven!!
    What great photos. Your snowfall looks like a 'Fairyland' and those Trees in the Distance are magnificant.
    Bart looks adorable all decked out. Love his Welcome sign, and isn't he lucky having his own Tree and Wreath to enjoy.
    I love the ladder trellis you made and the poinsettia pinwheels. Did you cut them from metal and paint them...they're beautiful. That Snowman feeder was a great find..he's real cute.
    I just loved looking at your photos and all your decorations.. Hope you and YOur Family had a Merry Christmas...and Wishing You All A Happy New Year !!

jane

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, thank you, Jane! You are so kind! The pinwheels are actually from Terry's Village...bought them on sale last year. We love Terry's Village! :o) Thank you for your kind words. You made my day! Happy New Year's to you and yours too! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Kirk, loved seeing Bart all decked out for Christmas. Cute sign! I'm surprised you still have balls on your tree after the storm. Neat ladder trellis you made and decorated. Bet it's beautiful all covered with roses in the spring. Maybe you can share a picture of it with us.???

I'm a tole painter and your snowman birdfeeder is adorable. Is his bowl made out of wood?

I can relate to all your pictures of the snow and fog. We are going through that right now too. I agree the snow is so clean and beautiful.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Punk

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Punk! Happy New Year to you! Thank you for your kind words. I'll have to take a picture in the Spring of the trellis. When she was 5, our 10 year old daughter bought my wife a climbing rose for it...it has fluorished! The snowman's bowl is an enamel saucepan. I bet you could make one! Thanks again! Keep your snow shovel ready! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Beautiful! I know the snow it a pain to a lot of people, but since we hardly ever get it, I'm jealous. Your decorations are just super in the snow. I don't think I have any pictures, ever, of our Christmas decorations in the snow. That last pic is stunning.
    Frou

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Kirk, Wonderful decorations in a beautiful setting!!
    Happy New Year!!
    NanaK

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

The snow just added the perfect touch to your decorations. What a great idea you had with that ladder trellis. And what great photography! You are lucky to live in such a beautiful area. Thanks for sharing.

Pat

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Wow! I loved seeing every single picture, Kirk! Bart the bear is just so darn cute, especially the way you decorate him for each season! Bet people just love driving by and seeing him! ;o) That snowman bird feeder is so neat--I love it! The poinsettias really pop against your ladder trellis, what a great way to use the old ladders, you are very creative. And the snow pics--so beautiful! What a wonderful view you have! Thank you so much for sharing these with us. Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Kirk ... looks like you've got some great pics for Christmas cards next yr! Bart is lookin' so GOOD this Winter! Love both the "before" & "after" pics! And I am so tickled to see that IA birdhse in your bkyard! & adding that BEAR just makes it so you!

That birdfdr snowman is just the CUTEST...love the additions of the earmuffs & pine trees & such a cute idea to have the enamel pan for a feeder! (I think I remember you getting that.) Looks great out in the snow!

Those poinsetta's on your ladder trellis certainly brings it to life for the Winter mos! A work of art, Kirk, love those old hinge type thingies & vine wreath...beautiful!

Hope you use that last pic for something special! It's a WONDERFUL visual of God's beauty at your home! TFS! Happy New Year to you & your family! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I love Bart! He's just such a good sport. Doesn't mind the cold or the heat. Don't mind dressing up in seasonal outfits. Doesn't try to jump on you when you come near.

And, he looks good with a layer of snow.

P.S. I'm going to call my bird feeder a birdie buffet from now on. Love that!

• pdg777
    13 years ago

Kirk, those are BEAUTIFUL! You should definitely think about using for Christmas cards! Your decorations are gorgeous and so are your pics.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

picture perfect scenes with all the fresh fallen snow - love it all.....however.......that ladder trellis w/the wreath just speaks to my heart - I really really love that. I bet it does look beautiful in the summer but as a winter vignette it is to die for - did I tell you I love it :D .....

Lynne

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Again, thanks everyone for the nice comments. Everyone is always so encouraging on the Holiday forum. Thank you!

Lynne, I have to tell you the story of the ladder trellis. I had taken a paternity leave when our son was born. (He's almost 4 now...our oldest son is 24.) My wife had an appointment and called me from our nearby small town. She told me an old extension ladder was on the curb with a FREE SIGN on it. Well, I bundled our little guy up and rushed to the scene with my pickup truck, my wife standing guard over the ladder. By the end of the day, I had made the ladder into the trellis. :o)

Happy New Year, everyone! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Great photos, Kirk! That Snowman birdfeeder is just delightful. If I was still able to saw and sand, that would definitely be on my list to do. I think it was the ear muffs that got me! LOL.

Stay warm (and I think Bart is going to hibernate if that snow keeps up)
    hugs, Karen

• elmaly
    13 years ago

Beautiful! :0)

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Ditto what everyone else said.
    It is all so very Christmasy!!

What a great story about the ladder.

TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored