Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

STILL posting Christmas decor pix....6 here

Purplemoon
12 years ago

Close-up of my "purple" wreath in entry way (this is the first thing you see when you come in the front door)

{{gwi:1456368}}

A long-time friend of mine, who's a professional artist, did the portrait of my Mom for my Christmas in 2001 (a few months after Mom died). Some years later, she went ahead and did Dad's so I could hang them together. They are in my hall, and were right across from Dad's bedroom.

{{gwi:1456369}}

A small vignette in my living-room on a little vintage glass-case table.

{{gwi:1456370}}

Mini wall tree in my bathroom. I've had this little 2 ft tree for longer than I can remember, and almost donated it this year! It was kinda shabby looking, and green, in a brown basket. Then I saw a little table tree "revived" on a blog and grabbed my white spray paint. LOL. Worked for me!

{{gwi:1456371}}

Close-up of gold Elf and wreath in alcove by bedroom door, just off family-room. This elf was one of my

favorite "finds" several years ago, at Tuesday Morning. He was around $100, and tho I loved him, I didn't want him that bad. LOL. After Christmas he was marked down to half off. Still too much for me. Then one day in Feb. I went in and found him in the back in the clearance bin. One of his ceramic boots was broken off and he was priced at $7. For that amount, I could live with a broken toe. LOL.

{{gwi:1456372}}

Cardinal Cookie Jar by my stove, got it at Walmart a couple of years ago.

{{gwi:1456373}}

Will put the other 3 pictures in a different post since this one is already photo heavy.

hugs, Karen

Comments (6)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, your purple wreath is beautiful. Love the fairies on it and it even has a purple peacock feather.Wow! Your parents potraits are wonderful. Must give a warm feeling walking down the hall.

Elegant santa and neat vignette on your vintage glass-case table in the LR. Neat stand! Fancy pinecone and lantern candle holder.Nice! Seeing your bottle brush tree reminds me I have a gold one that needs to be brought out for the season!

Glad to see you didn't give your wall tree away. So you used some spray paint on it huh? Looks great all decorated. I can't get enough of the deer used in all the decor. Those bright blue balls, ornies and sprigs really topped it off.

Pretty gold elf and wreath. Do I see another wht & gold deer below them? What a great find on your Cardinal Cookie Jar. It's beautiful and I like that you sat it on a wreath. The branches and berries behind it are neat too.

Thanks so much for sharing for all of us to enjoy.

Punk

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Karen as usual everything is beautiful. Your little elf is like my Santa, he worked hard and broke is toe.LOL How cute.

I know you really cherish the portraits of your parents. They are beautiful people. That is of course were you get your in and out side beauty..

Creek

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Wow...I am impressed w/the 're-vamping' of that mini wall tree...love it w/white paint & decorated w/blue & silver! Looks great!

Those portraits of your Mom & Dad are beautiful, Karen. Like the swag above them & adding the stocking...precious memories.

That 'gold elf' is a funny story!...well, worth the wait! Your purple vignette at your entrance is a show-stopper! The purple/silvers in the nutcracker & Santa & also that gorgeous deer...beautiful! And all the decor you added to the wreath...lovely!

Lots of goodies out for the Holidays! TFS! Jeanne S.

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

love the gold elf story - he obviously was meant to be yours and I am sure he will be very glad that he found a home with you. The revamped tree is so pretty. I use a lot of spray paint and also Design Master to change the look of tired decor but the basic bones are still good. The purple decor at your entrance is so regal looking - love it :)

The pictures of you parents has got to really touch your heart - what a wonderful memory and a way to honor them - TFS .....

Lynne

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Love your purple wreath - I spotted that purple fairy on it immediately ! The portraits of your parents was such a beautiful gift from your friend. If I'm not mistaken, I think I see a resemblance between you and your mother.
    I guess that Gold Elf was meant to go home with you. Great buy on him..I can see him smiling and so happy to be part of your Christmas!
    Your wall tree looks great - I think you did a great 'revamping job' on it...glad you didn't give it away.
    Of course, I love your Cardinal Cookie Jar...I've never seen any thing that nice at Walmart..lucky find for you.
    I enjoyed looking at these pictures and now I'm off to see some more.
    jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

This is all so pretty. Of course you had to have a purple wreath!!
    The gold elf story is great. Did you fix his toe?

The portraits are amazing and you do resemble your Mom. What a thoughtful gift!

The revamped tree looks great. Aren't you glad you did not get rid of it?

TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions